Monday, July 26, 2010

Out of the Loop

I've been gone to my daughter's for the past four days helping her with "emergencies" of business and personal kinds. The guests from hell finally left. The irony is they planned on coming back this coming Thursday for 8 or 9 more days for more tests. Before I even knew I was being requested at Rachel's, I had told them I was going to her place this week and then bringing the grandbabies back.

"Sorry but you won't be able to stay here."  (Hell no!) 

So it worked out that I went earlier than I planned and the boys and their mom are coming down Thursday. So I was telling the truth even though I didn't really know I was. I didn't tell that very clearly but I'm rummy from driving for 6 hours and being stuck in construction delays at Hoover Dam for an hour and 15 minutes in the heat.

I don't sleep well at my daughter's place and I worked my tail off, so I'm just not expressing this very clearly. The "funny" part is that they were planning on staying her for 9 more days. I sort of lied and the story I told ended up being true. That's the funny part...

Rick is babbling away telling me everything that he didn't get to tell me the past four days. It's nice to be home and to be appreciated, but I'm really not listening to him. That never stops him from talking, however.  Rick continues to talk and talk.

So the saga of the perpetual visitors is over. That will never happen again. Rick said we're NEVER getting ourselves in that predicament again. Amen!

I didn't get on the computer for the four days I was away. I'll have to just check your posts from here forward. I'll never be able to go back and find out what you've been doing while I was gone. I'm so glad to be home without guests, to be home and not in Las Vegas, to be home...There's no place like home. It's been 15 days since we've had our boring little routine and regular schedule. I loveour boring routine. I love my rut!

Oh, and I pulled up my garden. Stuff just doesn't grow the same in Arizona. I've given up gardening here. Every thing I plant dies. I think we need to put in artificial turf or something.

7 comments:

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

I'm glad you're back at home and found a way to get rid off your household pests...sorry guests.

JoJo said...

I'm glad you put your foot down girl!

Liz said...

Yeah, good job clearing the inside AND outside pests! ;-)

rae said...

1. Woo hoo! It's nice to be home.
2. Poor Richard said it best, "Fish and visitors stink after three days."

life in red shoes said...

I missed you:)

Katie said...

Well, at least you don't ever have to have them back again. I couldn't have housed someone for that long.

CB said...

I was wondering where you went off too!
I totally understood your story and it made me laugh.
Enjoy your daughter and the grandkids and I hope you get some rest!