Polls in Arizona open at 6 a.m. Who knew? (Obviously dozens at my poll alone.) I swear in Idaho they didn't open that early. Rick insisted that we run down while it was still dark and voice our choice.
I love polling places. I know--I'm weird. Those workers are dedicated and devoted volunteers. It can't be easy to sit there all day and plow through all the lists, checking IDs and smiling. I have a great story about a worker catching her shoe on fire while sitting in front of a space heater at a chilly Idaho polling place. It's a hoot, but I'll wait to tell you later when we have more time. Right now, you need to get out there and VOTE!
So I have cast my vote. I always worry that I might have made a mistake and my ballot will be spoiled. (You know I worry about everything.)
So educate yourself the best you can. Forge ahead and connect those lines (or whatever your polling method is.) Our ballot was long and full of propositions and judge retentions (or not.) Who are some of those people anyway?
Take the opportunity that this country affords us. Vote! Give voice to your concerns. We realize that some of those on the ballot are imperfect and flawed, but we at least have a choice and CAN vote. I pray every time that wisdom will prevail and our country can attain leadership with justice and democracy at the forefront. If you sit home, grumble and don't vote, you've done nothing but grumble. Come on! It's a wonderful opportunity!

7 comments:
YAY! I voted too..good for us..good for our country..just plain 'ol good :-)
I voted absentee last week along with my husband b/c with us recently moving and not getting our new voter registration cards, we had no idea where to go vote so we went to the court house! Yey :)
I have never voted. Not something I am proud of, but something I plan to change.
We had some voluteers come through our neighborhood about a month ago to sign us up for early mail in voting. We loved it! We were able to sit down in the comfort of our home and really take time to make our choices.
The only way to go:)
I voted on my lunch break today. The polls out here didn't open until 8 this morning...I can't imagine going in at 6!
By the way, your new blog layout looks great!
Yayyy for voting! I was so excited with the whole thing - I wore my sticker proudly and am just thrilled today!!
And yes, the polls in Idaho did not open until 8:00 am
Post a Comment