Question 1: Do you every watch "Sarah's House" on HGTV? She has the most fantastic ability to find antique and flea market treasures and put them together. I just drool when I see the completed rooms. The first picture is of the mud room as you enter her house. Just absolutely divine, cozy, and colorful. The second picture is of her kitchen. Just the cleanest, most efficient, comfiest of kitchens. Sarah and her side kick Tommy renovate and decorate this old farmhouse for a mere $500,000 approximately.
I must admit I probably could buy some sweet "thangs" for that money. But I just don't know how to put them together as she does. I'm jealous. You bet. I just wondered if you ever watch her show. Question 2: Do I want a food processor? I keep seeing ads for them. They seem quite tricky and efficient in the ads. But we all know that many things look better in ads than in reality. I don't really know any one who's had one. Does that mean I travel in circles that don't cook and don't know the best gadgets, or does it mean that no one really uses them once they get them? Please answer yes or no to my getting one for our non-Christmas. And finally, Question 3: Isn't Nordstrom Rack merchandise still pretty high priced? One opened in Peoria last week and I decided to check it out today. I was major time disappointed. There were women walking around with carts FULL of clothing and waiting in a tremendously long line to pay for said items. Rick calls me "low maintenance/ no maintenance" because I really don't spend much on myself. But I would have lay down some bucks if I'd seen any bargains. $149 for jeans and $119 for shoes just didn't seem that much of a bargain. Am I wrong?
I must admit I probably could buy some sweet "thangs" for that money. But I just don't know how to put them together as she does. I'm jealous. You bet. I just wondered if you ever watch her show. Question 2: Do I want a food processor? I keep seeing ads for them. They seem quite tricky and efficient in the ads. But we all know that many things look better in ads than in reality. I don't really know any one who's had one. Does that mean I travel in circles that don't cook and don't know the best gadgets, or does it mean that no one really uses them once they get them? Please answer yes or no to my getting one for our non-Christmas. And finally, Question 3: Isn't Nordstrom Rack merchandise still pretty high priced? One opened in Peoria last week and I decided to check it out today. I was major time disappointed. There were women walking around with carts FULL of clothing and waiting in a tremendously long line to pay for said items. Rick calls me "low maintenance/ no maintenance" because I really don't spend much on myself. But I would have lay down some bucks if I'd seen any bargains. $149 for jeans and $119 for shoes just didn't seem that much of a bargain. Am I wrong? You know I have no friends to consult except you...Help me out, bloggy friends.

11 comments:
Yeah know I watch tons of HGTV like the house shows but I've never seen "Sarah's House". It sounds right up my alley tho I'll look for it. Nordstrom is still very expensive I think. =)
I don't watch much HGTV right now.
I don't own a food processor.
Nordstrom is quite pricey.
Nordstrom is really hit and miss with me. I have found very cheap things at "The Rack" but I've also found some rip offs too. It requires lots of searching.
I have seen Sarah's House once and the farm house they were renovating was definately drool worthy!
Funny but I just put "Food Processor" on my Christmas list. My hubby was like "What is that?". You can use it for so many things - I can't even begin in a comment - but if you really like to cook and bake you would love one.
I LOVE Nordstroms and I am not a "rack" kind of gal. So I would rather just shop at Nordstroms when things go on sale and not wade through the "store" that is the discount place. I don't think the bargains are that much better and I always wonder where that stuff has been and who has tried it on!
I don't pay the extra money for HGTV, so I've never seen the show. I think it would make me sad to watch all of these beautiful places being put together when I'm stuck living in my boyfriend's bachelor pad in the middle of the ghetto, though.
My answer on the food processor: No. Have you ever been cooking and thought, "I need a food processor"? If the answer to that question is a no, then you don't need one. I'm sure the other kitchen gadgets you have work together to pretend they're a food processor for you just fine.
I've never been in a Nordstrom before, but I hear the prices are exorbitant. It must be nice to be able to spend all sorts of money on stuff on sale like those ladies with their full carts, huh?
Jo, of all the decorating shows I like Sarah's best. And that country house she did? BE STILL MY HEART...LOVED EVERY SINGLE ROOM!
And come on, if you and I had 500k to drop on a reno, we would hire her!
Food processor- hate it, seriously. Big waste of money, I had to have the big one, use it maybe every other year and curse every minute of it!
I have limited cabinet space, the damn thing is huge, a pain in the ass to clean, not worth the money, space or time. If I had it to do over, I would buy a MUCH smaller one, or none at all. My daughter loves to cook, she can have it!
Gee Red, tell the woman how you REALLY feel.
Nordstom- Used to love love love the store, not The Rack. Loved shopping there when cash was plentiful:) Then I started working for them. Completely killed it for me. A very different situation BEHIND the counter.
Well, now that I have finished my 3 page essay I'll move on:)
I like the Ann Taylor Loft, and I've actually gotten some fantastic deals there. Sorry Nordstrom let you down!
I don't watch HGTV.
Food Processor = Yes. We had one when we were kids and I loved it. Now my dad has a fancy schmancy Kitchen Aid Food Processor that I would really like to have.
I avoid Nordstroms in all forms UNLESS I need a fancy dress. But when do I need a facy dress? NEVER
Food Processor: yes.
Great post.
I'm not a fan of Nordstrom's or any of the big, high-end department stores. And the salespeople are SO snotty if you aren't dresed up.
yeah IMO, that's really expensive... but I'm a deal finder... or at least try to be.
Post a Comment