Tuesday, March 1, 2011

He Lost His Cookies

Rick is pouting because I sent all the goodies home with the boys. I wanted to get temptation away from me so I loaded up cookies, muffins, Cheez Its, and other treats with the grandtwins. Poor boo!

I'll have to go to the store and purchase what I call "cardboard cookies." That's cheap store bought treats that I am not the least bit tempted by. Rick likes them just as well as home made once he gets used to them and then I'm not eating a pound of dough when I bake.

I was a chow hound while the boys were here. I just can't resist food when those kids are around. I'd be Grandma Hippo if they were here very long. I don't know if I get nervous, need added energy, or all of the above.

I must get up and clean the discombogulated house. What I'd really like to do is cuddle up on the couch and sleep. I might have dodged a bullet concerning the cold. I feel better in that department today; I've just lost all my energy. Except we're out of every thing and I've gotta eat, you know. Come on, Jo, get up. Move! Ughhhhzzzz!

8 comments:

Holly said...

Glad you didn't catch the crud from the kids. My husband is suffering from my healthy eating this week. Running to Safeway to buy him some junk too. Fortuntely, I don't like his favorites. I do, however, like Peanut M&M's and after dreaming about them last night, I'm not sure I have the strength to shop.

Big Fat Gini said...

Hmmm...

I like that strategy. I think I might have to try that.

ain't for city gals said...

I de-junked the house of all the good snack food also starting today...I do think the more you eat of it the more you want...I have been making these delish brownies...I make my hubby hide them and give me one a day...sad..

Nicole said...

hehe... the cardboard ones :)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sounds like you need some much deserved rest.

Sorry there's no goodies left in the house for him, but I'm sorta partial to Oreos myself.

I tried a new recipe today, it called for 12 C oatmeal and I can't remember all the stuff in it, but I should have realized I would have been baking cookies all freaking morning.
Wish you were my neighbor, cuz I would love to unload them on ya. Not sure what I'm going to do with them.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

YOU MADE IT! See? We all knew you would..as for the cookies..you'll feel even more sluggish if you do eat them, so good for you for packing them away with the grandkiddos!
In my house, if it's there..I'll EAT it..bad me..

Liz said...

I just cracked up at you saying Grandma Hippo. Hilarious and so completely impossible for you!

The Cook Clan said...

Lol, okay I was glad to read that this post wasn't about Rick getting sick. When I read the title that's what I thought you were talking about. Too funny, I do the same thing when we have junk food in the house.

Blog Archive