No, I'm not pregnant! Hahaha--now that would be a good one (and physically impossible.) No, I've been listening to the dang news again.
Every day the reporters give more details about the radiation leaks at those Japanese reactors. Now it's up to 100 gazillion parts per thousand or something horrendous like that. Leaking into the ocean and the water. Evaporating and falling as rain over ALL the world. All over the world... Stepping in this run off causes deadly burns within 15 minutes or less.
The "amusing" part is when some expert comes on and says, "No need to panic yet, folks. There's some radiation in common items naturally. Milk, beer, rainwater, vegetables...No cause for worry yet." Pay no attention to that strange glowing from your tap water or the run off in the gutter outside your homes and schools. (See I took off the quotation marks on that last part. Not actually what he said.) But the first part was as close a paraphrase as I could come up with.
No one should worry. I saw a billboard near Wickenburg that said the second coming was May 21, 2011. A co-worker of Rick's told him that too. I must Google this and find out how they came to this exact date. But until then, have no fear of the nuclear core meltdown. The end of the world is only a couple of months away. I'm sure the major effects of radiation won't kill us before then. And after that day, you won't need to worry any more! I'm so relieved.
Monday, March 28, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
March
(21)
- Worded Wednesday
- I'm Glowing??
- Press Cut
- Maybe I Need a Job
- Obligations
- It's Tuesday
- I'm an Idiot
- Like a Bolt...
- Super Moon
- Exposed
- Sigh
- Very Confused
- Perspective--
- Brevity
- Trip to Hair Appointment and Ireland
- Wind and Robbery
- Nascar Babies
- The Tax Man, Not Badeth...
- Completely Random
- Stalled, Stranded, and Stuffed
- He Lost His Cookies
-
▼
March
(21)

13 comments:
o.O No need to worry? Wow. There is a chemical in the Hudson river that surrounds Manhatten and no joke there have been glowing fish. BUT no need to worry...it will give u a natural glow to swim with them. Oh geesh...
That is precisely why I drink Diet Coke instead of milk. Run to Safeway quickly and grab every case available. Once this gets out, there won't be a bottle left on the shelf. As or the second coming being in May, I read that in an advertisement in a magazine. Not a weirdo mail order catalog kind of magazine but something like Women's day or something. Bring it on, Lord. I'm good to go.
Someone must have told all of "them" to deny, deny, deny..is that how you spell dee-nye?? Anyway..no one will tell us the truth until we all glow...but hey, I've always wanted to have a "glowing personality" heehee
and I've heard the "end" will be in..2012..so we still have enough time to.....GLOW!
"glow little glow worm, glow on!"
Well if it is May 21, I can't wait. Honestly. All I've heard for all these years is the end coming. Come on! Get it over with!!!
I see that billboard everytime I go to Phoenix...if you find out what it is about let us know...I am too lazy to google it!
Do you know how much radiation a person is exposed to on a daily basis? It's a lot. Your body is able to filter it out naturally.
I have two parents who have worked in the nuclear power industry my entire life. My mom spent 20 years working in radiation protection and training people for things like this. So when they say, "don't worry," they aren't just blowing smoke up your rear.
I really wish more people would educate themselves about nuclear energy. How it works. How much radiation in parts per million you're exposed to and what's safe for the human body. What happens in situations like the one in Japan. And how hard people every day work to keep the public safe. It's frustrating, to say the least.
well if that's the day, then I won't make it back to nursing school :(... bummer!
We definitely live in a scary world....
Oh, I just love when people think they can pinpoint the end of the world or the Second Coming. According to some, it will be 12, 21, 2012 which is my birthday. Oh well.
As for the nucelar stuff, I am not too worried. Maybe I should worry more, but the world survived Chernoble and 3-Mile Island. I am pretty sure we will survive Japan. I wish the news would focus a little more on the people affected by the earthquake and tsunami.
I saw an ad in The Reader's Digest today for a church saying the same thing - May 21, 2011. Quite a common idea, I guess.
HI JO!!!
I saw those billboards in Calif and thought to myself, THE BIBLE says, NO MAN knows the day nor the hour.....so they are just trying to cash in on the terrible things that have been happening. I DO agree alot of prophesies do seem to be coming true, like the Birds falling dead out of the sky a few months back and then while we were in Calif. over 1 1/23 million fish washed ashore dead at Redondo Beach, both of these are mentioned in the bible in the Book of Hosea.
So maybe the END is very near, I do feel like we are living in the last few years, Scary thought, but worse would be if we were not ready to meet our Maker????
With that said, I am staying away from RAIN!!!
Hugs 2 U sweet friend,
jamie
Just how many worries can we handle, all at once, I wonder? Does it seem as if "something" is trying to find the answer to that question?
Yishhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......
OK now I'm just terrified
Post a Comment