Monday, March 7, 2011

Wind and Robbery

I just filled my completely empty tank for $60.66! I realize that others have it worse. Gas is "only" $3.41/gallon here and my car is not massive. But it is heart-stopping to see that total zip to culmination. I saw a motor coach pulling up as I left. The poor sap probably paid more for his fill up than my car is worth.

Also, it's not usually as windy in Arizona as it was in Idaho. But today the wind here is horrendous--about 30 mph. All that dust, pollen and crap has embedded itself in my head and I'm completely congested, fuzzy headed, and miserable. Just though I'd let you know.

Did any of you watch the NBC show "Chase"? It was about a U.S. Marshall--Annie Frost--and her merry band of fellow marshalls. It was action-packed, had good characters, and a plot I could follow without shushing Rick every second. In other words it was a good show. Stupid ol' NBC took it off in favor of "Minute to Win It" marathons because the ratings for "Chase" were not high enough. I'm heart broken and probably the only one reading this who cares. But I wanted to get that off my chest.

We're having frozen pizzas tonight and Rick better appreciate 'em. I can't cook when my head is full of flotsom and jetsom. I need a nap before dinner.

10 comments:

Holly said...

Fortunately I work from home and only venture out every once in a while to the grocery or occasional shopping so a tank lasts me about a month and a half. The total is going to kill me when I do fill it. I did have to go into the office for a few minutes today so I did my hair up real purdy like and when I got inside people actually stared at me with their mouths open. The receptionist said, "Still windy?" I'm not going back out til I can afford the gas.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I hadn't seen that show, glad I didn't get attched.

Sorry about the pollen, I'm sure it must be horrible for you.
You are more than welcome to come and visit. I'm pretty sure there is no pollen here.

I hope he enjoys the pizza. Not sure what I'm cooking. I'm wasting time on the laptop and not feeling bad about that at all.

RoeH said...

Sorry about all the wind. I know what it does to some people. But...hate to say this but I have been just loving it today. I'm growing my hair longer and I love long hair blowin' in the wind. I haven't had it this long in years. And years. Now in Idaho..yes. The wind never stops. Especially in Rigby.

cathycan said...

frozen pizza!! yeah!!
commenting on tax time, My dad owned a truck, the bane of my mom's existence! 5 dollars in 7 out! But my dad LOVED that truck.
As I get older,it seems harder and harder to look "good" and a windy day can blow it all to - well, you know what I mean!

life in red shoes said...

It is snowing at my house.
It is 33 degrees at my house.
I took a nap before dinner at my house.
I MAY NEVER GET UP!

Liz said...

Seriously, the wind was crazy! Dust and stuff everywhere. Hope it settles down tonight. And yea for frozen pizza!

Mimi said...

HI!!
It looked completely BROWN at my house, my backyard and beyond is desert, so you know how brown it was...darn I missed a photo op......
I am NOT liking this gas thing....
NOT ONE BIT!!!
We are off to Claif, and hear GAS over there is 4.00 already...I will get a pic of that!!
hugs,s
jamie

Nicole said...

everyone here in my dept is saying how it is only going to get worse. That's the wrong thing to say to the lowest paid employee! I'm so scared!

Vanessa said...

Gas prices are a joke!

Katie said...

It's been totally windy here too....and boy does it make my hair crazy!

Blog Archive