Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I'm Sure It Was...


only yesterday that Daughter was headed to first grade...Now it's the twins. How can this be? Big day! Roost is riding his bike to school this year with older neighbor kids. Mom was in the rear with Gunnar in a trailer thing that kept falling off her bike. That had to be scary and embarrassing. I'm sorry it was stressful, Baby! But you did good!


Blakers rides the bus to a different school but not as far away as last year.

Daughter didn't get the best pics for me. I tried to edit them, but couldn't make it work. You know me.

Gunnar was included--


Too bad he keep falling off Mom's bike. Scary, Gunnar.

I'm enjoying Pinterest. Thank you, Colleen for the invite. I don't exactly know what I'm doing but I'm having fun. Holly, it's not as messy as a glue stick, but it take a lot of time. Come on, lady, you can DO IT!

I was going out in the world to look for "stuff" today, but I got all hot and sweaty and panicked. I think I have a fear of the world. All I want to do is stay home. Maybe when it's not 112 degrees out I'll feel more like venturing out. This heat is making me lose my will to live...

15 comments:

Holly said...

What do you mean the trailer thing kept falling off the bike? Like it was getting unhooked and then running downhill all by itself into oncoming traffic and just barely missing cars and almost went into a lake? Like that?!!!?? No interest in pinterest. Don't make me learn anythng new. I made it out of the house to go to the library but that was it. Can't do it. Too much work, hair, makeup, shoes. No!

RoeH said...

Pinterest? what am I missing! Kids looked adorable. Love the first day of school.

larainydays said...

Hang in there Jo. Cool times, they are a comin' (Just not for a couple months)

Heather said...

Rachel is really ambitious to ride bikes to school on the first day. Those grandkids of yours sure are cute. I bet they will love first grade. And I don't blame you for not wanting to go out in the heat- I stay indoors whenever it's over 90.

Anonymous said...

It was 54 on my porch this morning. But then, maybe I shouldn't be telling you this if you are on the edge.

Ok, never mind. It was HOT HOT HOT this morning on my porch and I'm darn sick of it.

Grandboys are growing FAST, aren't they? Mine is 9 3/4 yrs old and I'm pretty sure he was only 3 last year. Or is it me?

ain't for city gals said...

Never ever say you are losing the will to live...not even kidding wise...that gets into your brain and body... Just turn the AC down a couple of more degrees...it's only money!...

life in red shoes said...

Poor Gunman! What kind of school your little twinner go to?
I can't figure out how to get started on Pinterest. Got an invite but it's smarter than me....not a big stretch :(

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I sure wish you could get a little gentle rain.
I can't imagine 117. We've only reached 89 for the last couple of days and next week we're supposed to really cool off.

Those are some really cute grandsons.
REALLY CUTE!

Yikes. Falling off the bike thing.

Pineterst? Ya, I'm able to waste an incredible amount of time there.
It's awesome.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

the boys are adorable..all three of them. Can't tell me you're not a proud-as-anything-Grandma!!

Liz said...

Don't worry. Pinterest will give you back the will to live when you get the hang of it. :-) You can follow my boards, if you like, at http://pinterest.com/lizkasper/.

I know what you mean. It's just like February in Idaho right now, just flip-flopped! The cool times are coming...

Mimi said...

HI JO!!!
YEAH, if FALL does not hit here on Sept 21, I will LOSE it, enough of this record heat, I am SOOO OVER IT!!!
I agree with you, seems like yesterday my own kdis were off to first grade.....wow, where does time go????I stay home most of the time too, way to hot!!!!I fear I will die of a heat stroke!!!!We do have BIG PLANS for the weekend though!!!!But it will be local and it will be HOT but it will be at another HOTEL so that AIR on 68 is NOT on MY SRP BILL!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

mCat said...

Wait! You have to DO something on pintrest? Yikes - it prolly requires some level of creativity and crap. I guess I am out.

And the boys look so cute!!

cathycan said...

That pool picture is one for the archives! Generations will love that!
I'm afraid Pinterest might take the last thread left of time OFF the computer! I better not go there!

Amy said...

The boys look so cute for the first day of school. What am I missing? Why do they go to different schools? It's great that Gunner was able to get in on the action too.

I can barely maintain my blog and Facebook updates so I will leave pinterest to you.

I am sure it is just the heat making you panicked. Stay inside, enjoy the air conditioning and look for your stuff online.

Queenie Jeannie said...

The boys look fabulous!! I hope they have a wonderful year!

I've been basically a hermit all summer. It's just been so hot and humid - hateful weather!!! It's starting to cool off now and we may be doing a bunch of short, day trips soon! Nothing that costs much though because I'm saving every penny for PARIS!!!!

Blog Archive