I know that I've posted "itchiness" before. It's where I just get all squirrely and fidgety and can't seem to concentrate or sit still. Well, it's one of those days again.
I drive to the land of the Daughter and the boys tomorrow. I will make a quick turn around, stay one night, bring the boys back for four days and then meet Daughter in Kingman on Friday. This will be the last visit before school starts. It's off to first grade, people. How can my grandtwins be so old?
We have hair to get cut, school supplies to get bought, probably some school clothes to find, and I've promised toys just because I can. The pool is still dandy for swimming. It should be a riotous good time. This time G'ma Jo's house is not pristine. I won't have time to clean before I leave tomorrow, so it'll have to be a bit scummy around the edges. That's OK. They'll never notice if I keep them entertained.
I'm excited to see the littlest chunkawunk Gunnar. He's getting so big and I haven't seen him for a month or so. So I'll be busy for this week and then back to my sedentary life that sometimes makes me itchy.
Sunday, August 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
August
(20)
- I'm Sure It Was...
- Happy Talk...
- No Wonder
- Copyrighted??
- Here's to Irene
- OK--Holly...
- Design Star
- Be Gone, Funk!
- "We're Sick of It..."
- And So It Goes...
- Itchy!
- Mixed Messages
- August 11th
- Later...
- New Struggles--Though Minor
- Snap Me Out Of It
- Grab a Hump and Hang On
- Down--A Little, Out--Not So Much
- Good News, Bad News
- Who? Me?
-
▼
August
(20)
11 comments:
First of all, why are you up so early? Have fun with those boys and enjoy them and spoil them like crazy before dropping them off.
Awwww, you are going to have such a great time with those boys. They are so lucky to have you as their Grandma!
My grandson started 3rd grade today. How can that be? I am hoping he enjoys it as much as I did....that was one of my favorite grades. Not the math, but the other fun things we learned!
Safe trip Jo. And like Holly said, spoil them like only a Grandma can!
I love how supportive you are of your daughter and your grandchildren. I can tell that sometimes things are uncomfortable or itchy (wink) for you but you still make the effort and go and do and that makes you AWESOME!!
Have a safe trip.
P.S. I love the word "Chunkawunk!!".
Have a wonderful time and we will expect nothing less than 2 loved grandtwins and one loved Gunner by the week's end. You should so happy to be seeing them and getting to spend some very special times..first grade, huh? Wow..next year they'll be graduating and off to college..then picking our your "retirement" home..better get them some pretty good toys...
Have a blast! I don't worry about cleaning when the kids come. They never notice and it's a MESS when they leave.
Lucky grandkids, lucky grandma. You'll have a blast with them before taking them home and to school. Travel safely.
Give that chunkawunka burnin' love a love for me.
Okay, I love the word "chunkawunk." I'm going to use it in as many situations as possible.
Have a great time with the kids. I get that "itchy" feeling all the time. Sunday's are the worst. I feel like I am crawling out of my skin.
so much fun to be had! isn't it wonderful to have children and grandchildren!!
they must be so happy to have you around...btw my blog today is for you!
Post a Comment