Thursday, November 10, 2011

Just Relax

Dang, I wish I could. I've stressed myself into a dither over the visit tomorrow. Why do I do that? It's regrettable, but I can't seem to change. I've tried. Still worried about food, sleeping arrangements, how to time everything. It's ridiculous! Just hit me up along side the head. All of your suggestions are so appreciated. I know, Colleen, kids like the strangest things. My grand kids like hot dogs, chicken nuggets, cereal, banana bread... All of that I have. Why do I bother with anything else? The adult guests are not really who I'm interested in anyway. ;o)

Got the book "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" from the library yesterday. I'm only into it a little ways. You're right, Jan. It is strange. I enjoy his writing style and his imagery. I'm having trouble with the island and it's mysteries but he's not been there long, so I'll keep on.  Jacob's parents are the weirdest people in the book, I think. Ugh!! I don't like them.

Sorry about Coach Joe at Penn State, but what else could officials do now? Such a sad situation they allowed to go on. Why didn't somebody report it to the legal authorities? Aren't all educators taught that early in their careers? That would be especially important for coaches where young boys were allowed access to their staff and facilities. Yikes!

So sick of the political campaign already and it's a year from any results. Who would even want to run for the highest office in the land? It's a mess!

OK, I'm off to do something--even if it's wrong. And I'm sure it will be. Holly, let's get together next week. I miss your quirky humor. I need an injection of laughter. (and some seriously strong medication, but I realize you can only give the humor part...)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep at the book....and the parents don't improve much.

Preparing for company is stressful for sure. But this is family so you know what to expect. Do they still make Spaghetti-O's? That was always a 'hit' around here. And all the carbs make the kids sleepy, which is a plus!

You'll be fine, but I can see that a day with Holly will make you right as rain.

Hugs
Jan

TARYTERRE said...

Hope your visit goes well. Relax and enjoy. The details will work themselves out. Take care.

life in red shoes said...

If the girls are like most women I know they won't land long enough to eat anything! They'll be grabbing something whilst they're out and about.'Hope your head feels better :(

Anonymous said...

I certainly agree about the political "news" -- tired of it already and it goes on and on and on and on ...

Hope you have fun with your grandkids -- that's what grandmas are supposed to do, isn't it? I can remember my grandmother playing games with us all when we were young and they are great memories. Kids don't care what you give them to eat (as long as it's not spinach and liver!). And grandmas don't have to worry about a balanced diet and mundane stuff like that -- Grandmas are for spoiling; moms have to do the other stuff.

Hope you really relax and enjoy!

Holly said...

You name the day and time and I'll be there with bells on...literally. I'm going to reserve that book from the library unless you tell me not to. Miss you too!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

It sounds like you are geared up for the visit. Lucky you being the built in babysitter.

Maybe you should buy some pixie sticks and feed them to the boys.....10 minutes before they get in the car to go home.....
OK, that isn't nice.

Get Cars 2...I hear it's good.

Take some fun pictures of them. They'll love posing for you.

Liz said...

Sounds like you've got all the gear. Hope you get some happy moments out of it all!

I agree, you have to be a serious lunatic to want to be President. I applaud genuine desire to affect positive change...but geez!

Vicki/Jake said...

Just take a big breath, have fun doing something silly and let life take care of itself :)

RoeH said...

Hey! Hey! I want in on that fun lunch. And I like your template. Very cool blog writing space. Gotta figure that out for meself.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Ah..you'll have a great time and miss them before they leave..I know the "prep" is all encumbering (we have our "Thanksmas" in 2 weeks!) so I'm right there with you. When are you and Holly coming to visit? We need a little of your Arizona sunshine and laughter, right this very minute!

Blog Archive