Yeah, well, I thought of doing a Tuesday Thankful list. I did. You wouldn't have liked it. I think you might have accused me of being unholy or unkind or something. So I'm just going to make a list of things on my mind two days before Thanksgiving 2011:
1. It's not fun to plan Thanksgiving feasts when you are trying to lose weight. No pie, no rolls, no stuffing, nothing very tasty. Blech!
2. Most of those "amazing" products shown on TV commercials for $19.95 don't work anything like the demonstrations. Resist the temptation to try!
3. Our governmental system is frustrating and aggravating. It's starting to depress me. If these people can't rectify our problems, who will? Who? When?
4. Having money is easier than not having money--especially during the holidays.
5. Having a job, no matter how humble, is superior to not having one--especially during the holidays.
6. When I don't eat everything in sight and snack all day, I get shaky and weak and cranky--especially around the holidays.
7. I love getting my hair dyed. I have an appointment tomorrow. I wish she could iron my face and get rid of those wrinkles.
8. I walked quite a ways last night while Rick fished. Lola and I had to dodge goose poop that covered the sidewalks all around the lake. We don't like goose poop.
9. I think Lola and I need to go for another walk here in the neighborhood in a few minutes. No goose poop. I've heard walking improves your mental state. Mine needs improvement.
10. Maybe I need to get a job. Maybe I'd feel better if I worked and earned a little money. Maybe not.
When would I be able to squeeze in computer, blog, Pinterest, Facebook, etc., time?
11. I'm not sure this list is any less snarky than my thankful list. Sigh! I tried...
Tuesday, November 22, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
November
(21)
- To Christmas and Beyond...
- Oh, Poo!
- Sunday After Thursday
- Definitely Tricky
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Feelin' Groovy
- Tuesday, Tuesday
- My Mantra
- Holiday Weirdness
- Peculiar
- I Can See Clearly Now...
- Well Being...
- Funky Smells Everywhere
- Home Again and...
- Just Relax
- Oh, Heck...
- Tuesday, Tuesday
- New Eyes
- Empty Shell of A Woman
- Activity
- That One is Over...
-
▼
November
(21)
11 comments:
Why oh why are you on a diet? That's what the New Year is for? I don't think I would be able to be grateful for anything is I was dieting.....well except maybe a pair of skinny jeans.
You have a great Thanksgiving! Goose poop and all!
Sounds like your evening was pretty nice. We're bracing for a storm. Be grateful for that! You know you miss it.....like a root canal.
Show a picture of your freshly dyed hair!
I used to walk 8 ormore miles a day. It is terrific for your mental health. Really invigorating. I lost 150Lbs doing it. But my knees got bad, could not walk and gained it all back. Saw lots of goose poop too. LOL Even got attacked by one. I understand about having a job to bring in money at holiday time. It is tough without one. Take care. Happy Thanksviving.
Bake and cook and make all the yummy stuff you like...
Here's the secret ...ready....
Take one bite when you ate making it and take the rest to people in your ward or your neighbors!! Then you don't feel so deprived, you get to do service, and maybe make some new friends!! Win Win
Hope you have a Happt Thanksgiving and for heavens sake keep watching out for the goosepoop!!
Sorry about the typos I am typing this on my phone and it keeps changing my words.
Didn't you hear? Thursday is officially cheat day for all diets. It's true. So enjoy your Thanksgiving feast.
Thanksgiving is not the time to diet. Give it up for a couple of days and enjoy the holiday. I've gained 6 pounds in the last three weeks but if I try to diet right now, I will fail, fail, fail. Then I will feel much worse.
Keep walking!
I actually related to your list...except the goose poop. Step lightly:) And just do your thing!
Absolutely, say sayonara to the diet on Thursday. It ain't gonna make that much of a difference, and you'll be happy!
Happy Thanksgiving! I'm grateful for friends like you who help me feel connected even when everything feels so very disconnected. :-)
Healthy eating is soo soo hard! I'm not having fun with it either. We are having a big pot of chili over here for Thanksgiving. No turkey, rolls, potatoes, or pie. And no, you do not need a job, don't I pay you enough to be my friend? Maybe I'll give you a raise in the New Year.
Oh but if you order in the next 15 minutes they'll double your order, all you have to do is pay shipping & handling :)
Love me a good snarky list! Ditch the diet, keep the walking and show us pics of the hair
Post a Comment