Friday, January 27, 2012

A Little Bit ...

blah! I tried to find something on Pinterest that would spice up the post today, but...nada!! Just pretend I'm terribly clever and cute and read on...

I found the APS bill. It was under a stack of books I bought at Christmas time. Imagine that. Books trumping the light bill. Oops! At least I know I wasn't totally irresponsible and threw it away or something. I'm trying to see the positive here, people.

No big plans for the weekend. Rickster just bought a new gun. That's only important in that now I can go buy something if I want and don't have to feel guilty. Except that I never really spend money on frivolous purchases. I might go get some new foundation for my wrinkled face. Any suggestions? I'm sure none of you have the problem with wrinkles yet. My face looks like a crumbled paper bag that someone tried to uncrumple again. (I'm pretty sure uncrumple is a word, spellchecker!)

I finished Ellen's book and am reading one that's part of the Bug man series by Tim Downs. I don't know if I like it yet, but I'll try it. When I read a book I always read the acknowledgements, the author bio, the front flap, and the afterward before I ever start reading. I find it very satisfying. Do you think I was an English teacher for too long? Could be!

I must shower, pay bills, and then go buy make up--maybe. The weather here is forecast as fabulous. Rick's fishing with a friend Saturday. Yahoo!! Lola and I might take a walk. We haven't been very walky this week. Enjoy the weekend, everyone.

11 comments:

larainydays said...

I always read the periphery too. It gives me context for the book.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I love books! Yes, I read the book cover to cover.

You might like Colorscience makeup. I love it........and I'm wrinkled too.
Time just sorta did a dance across my face.

Holly said...

Don't ask me about makeup. I don't have a clue what I'm doing. I just spackle myself and call it a day.

TARYTERRE said...

How much does a gun cost? Forget the makeup, it just intensifies the wrinkles. BUY a library of MORE books. That's what I would do. Just saying. But you treat yourself to whatever floats your boat. Just make it FUN. You and Lola enjoy your walk. Take care.

CB said...

I cracked up that you "Yahooed" because your husband will be gone fishing on Saturday. Enjoy your day and your peace and quiet!
When you take Lola for a walk try skipping a little just because you can (wink!).

P.S. I'll be in Twin tomorrow.

Liz said...

That was fabulous - go out and buy something awesome! Like a whole ton of books!

Glad you liked Ellen's book. Did I tell you about "Okay For Now" by Gary Schmidt? I think I talked about it on my blog. I really enjoyed it, and I think you might like it.

Enjoy the weekend!

Pat MacKenzie said...

Have you read Still Alice by Lisa Genova? An excellent read if you're even remotely interested in Alzheimer's. As for makeup, when I was 18 a boyfriend told me I didn't need makeup so I've never worn it. Now I'm too old to learn how. More's the pity!

Anonymous said...

I use L'Oreal VISABLE LIFT. Ok, I have wrinkles as well and was horrified that regular foundation just made them look worse. SO, after reading some girl magazine at the dentist office with a L'Oreal ad featuring a 'woman of age', I figured what the heck. It has a brush on the end of the bottle that you (not kidding here) PAINT onto your face. It actually works! The paintbrush gets into the creases (yikes) and fills them in. It's not perfect, but I was getting a bit depressed looking at those crevices. And the makeup is not too pricey.

LOVE Ellen..don't you just want to sit and talk to her? Or do you think you'd just laugh so hard you wouldn't be able to carry on a conversation?

I digress.........go buy the makeup. And take Lola for a walkie.

Amy said...

I love books but I usually skip the acknowledgements unless something tugs at me to read them. I suppose I just don't care enough.

I don't remember what I slathered on my face this morning after the moisturizer. I moisturize like crazy with an Olay that has SPF 15 or something.

mCat said...

A gun? Crap, now I am jealous. I think you should go buy your own (if you don't already have one).

Let me know if you find foundation that takes away the crinkles.

Vicki/Jake said...

Just a quick peek at what I've missed while being computerless...
I love your blog changes...ready for some myself, just need to figure out what...and how.
Go buy something besides makeup:)

Blog Archive