Monday, January 23, 2012
Wring Me Out and Call Me Shirley--
The boys are returned safely. The traffic between here and Kingman is hellacious. Construction, four semis in a row on hills, peeing off the side of the road, rain and wind, driving at night when I can't see--good times!
The visit was fine. Many wonderful minutes and a couple of glitches but mostly good times. Rick and the boys rode on bikes about six miles. I accompanied them for 3 miles. We went to dinner at the cousin's in Queen Creek. That is a furr piece down to there--really! The boys got along fine with the armies of other children there. Rick didn't choke. All was well. They have two tortoises that were hibernating in their elaborate cave/compound. They live on quite the elaborate spread. Food galore.
Football players for the 49ers and the Ravens are getting death threats on Twitter because they made some error during the play off games. Death threats against them and their families. Are people just totally insane? Do we not have any thing else to worry about in life more important than football games? I'm confounded with the world.
There is turmoil in the universe. Some times it comes at me kind of fast. I haven't really slept or eaten regularly for several days. I need to level out. I'm sorry for those of you that are sick or troubled. I seem to have lost my APS (power) bill somewhere and there was a message on my machine that I had not paid it this month. That's alarming considering that I am super paranoid about my bills. That flummoxed me and contributed to the whirling miasma I seem to be in. This too shall pass. Tomorrow is another day. Pick myself up, brush myself off, and start all over again...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(105)
-
▼
January
(22)
- Also Tuesday
- You Don't Say!
- A Little Bit ...
- New is Due
- Too Tuesday...
- Wring Me Out and Call Me Shirley--
- The Twins Are Coming!
- Walkin' Tipsy
- Diffychult
- Mothering Miscues
- Silence
- Slow to Post!
- SO MUCH better!!!!
- I Will Be Happy!
- I Wan'a Do Over!!
- Do I Hear Bells?
- Power Cord--Outage!!
- Feeling Better...
- Stupid, Stupid Sickness!
- First Tuesday of 2012
- Bronchitis or...
- All in Due Time...
-
▼
January
(22)

6 comments:
I love love love having The Little Loves come for a visit, but sheeesh, they wear me out!
Football, the only thing it's good for is a sale on Coke and Little Smokies ;)
And you know what? Sometimes we need to take a NEWS BREAK, ignorance is bliss.
Good luck with your bill. That happened not to long ago to me and I was completely unnerved.
Love ya Jo :)
Hellacious traffic conjures up images in my head that are frightening. Glad the visit with the kids was fun. It's always nice to say goodbye til next time. The only football game I watch is The Superbowl and even then I don't really pick one team over the other? People are zealots about absolutely nothing.CRAZY! Misplaced paperwork is routine here. Hope things are back to normal for you soon. Take care.
Not paying a bill in time would put me into a tailspin too. I pay everything online so I don't get a bill. I would lose it for sure. I had to look up the word miasma. Yes, I did. I ain't never heard such a word in all my days. I like it, I'm going to work it into my vocabulary this week. Most of my friends are dumb like me so they will be soooo impressed.
Sounds like a good visit. Don't worry about the bill you silly conscientious girl. I bet APS wishes all their customers were like you!
hellacious is now my favorite word.
And sometimes don'tcha wanna wish for a second that the Mayans were right and we could be done with this swirling mass?
Post a Comment