Wednesday, January 25, 2012

New is Due

I'm not sure I like the new fonts on my blog but I'm going with it for a while. Don't tell me if you do not appreciate it. I simply do not want to know.

I bought gobs of groceries yesterday, filled the car with gas, and bought some decorations for Valentine's Day. If I get the energy I will take pictures for you. I wouldn't hold your breath, readers. Break out that imagination instead. I bought brown paper mache hearts--about as big as your fist, brown shredded paper for the "grass," and put them under two bell jar thingies. Then I filled a big apothecary jar with conversation hearts--big and little. I tied raffia on the bell jars and tulle on the heart-filled jar and called it good. It looks lovely, doesn't it. I just wasn't in the mood for red and pink glitter stuff this year. I'm quite thrilled with the results. You like it too, huh!

I'm reading Ellen's book  Seriously, Just Kidding. It's funny and light and reads fast. That's my style. (That I've lost my concentration and comprehension skills.)

I cleaned some more on the house today. We had asparagus with dinner last night. I love asparagus.

My favorite bagel shop in Twin Falls went out (broke?). I'm heart broken. I hate this economy. The weather is nice here. I need to go spray weeds. Is this entry a little disjointed and random? Heck yes!! Follow the bouncing brain. I'm going to eat an apple. Have a nice day!

10 comments:

One Fantastic Housewife! said...

I absolutely love how your brain bounces. Mine does too! The decorations are lovely! However, I do not understand "not in the mood for glitter." Huh? That sentence does not register in my head...lol. btw...love the idea of a tiara for my MIL's bday. She definitely needs a tiara...a glittery one! Happy Hump Day!

Holly said...

Your new bloggy look is just adorable, just like you. Yes, you are adorable. I tell everyone that you are. Sometimes I tell them other things about you but I won't tell you that part. Did you know that I hate Valentines day?

Liz said...

I loved Ellen's book. You're right, it's quick and lively and funny. I love that lady!

Yes, your decorations do sound lovely. I think I'm going to steal your ideas for my own casa!

Which bagel shop? Tell me it wasn't Molly's!

Mikey said...

I need to read that book. My brain does the same thing, I just can't concentrate on any one thing for more than 30 seconds, if that.
Let's not talk about Valentine's Day. I'm never ready.
I simply must borrow that Arizona Birthday badge!! Hope you don't mind, email me if you do and I'll give it back :)
I like what you've done here. Looks good!

larainydays said...

I just read two books by an author I think you would like. Her name is Melissa Banks and she's very funny. The first is called "The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing". Have you ever heard of her?

Pat MacKenzie said...

Sometimes I can't think of anything to blog about so I don't bother, then I read your blog and think - hey, I could blog like that too. But then I don't :(

That owl I bought at Pier 1 with you and Holly sits on my scrapbooking table full of pens and markers. I look at it every day and remember when and where I got it. Thanks for remembering.

You're partly responsible for me missing so many days blogging. I spotted your 'follow me on Pinterest' button and clicked on it. There went my day...and the next one too. I'm hooked. I repinned a lot of your stuff - lighthouses, sayings, stuff, etc. Thanks, I think.

I'm very sarcastic too but I try to rein it in when I write because people can't 'read' my tone or expression and I'm afraid I'll come across as just plain snarky.

I'm looking forward to spending most of Feb. in sunny AZ. Have a good day.

mCat said...

I get the bouncing brain. That's the only way mine functions.

Heather said...

I love your spunk. Your posts always make me smile. That's no good about the bagel bakery in Twin- I loved it too. Poo on the economy! Hope things are going well. It's super cold in Idaho, so just be glad you aren't here. :)

P.S. My aunt made the blue/brown quilt. I wish I had that talent.

Anonymous said...

I'm dizzy.........you were ALL over the place!!

I LOVE your new decoration. It is so pretty and your creative talents shine!

We're having crockpot baked potatoes and baked turkey thighs. And some sort of veggie.

Weeds?

Loved Ellen's book ~ it made me laugh out loud! The library just called and said that the book by Diane Keaton is ready for me to pick up. I'll try not to think about your review of it and let you know how I liked/hated it.

Earth, Wind and Fire ROCK!!!!!!

(snickering here)

Amy said...

Your decorations are beautiful.

My brain bounces all over the place. It makes me dizzy.

Blog Archive