Thursday, February 2, 2012
To Set the Record Right...
1. I waited to post my entry about our meeting until everyone else did on purpose (of course) not because I was too tired or too lazy to do it earlier. I wanted to be able to clean up the carnage of those misguided, though sweet, ladies with whom I dined.
2. I am NOT photogenic or photostatic or photosynthetic or anything like that. I always look palsied and slightly devoid of sense in all pictures. Don't let them tell you that I planned those poses. I didn't. I just have terrible timing and the waitress that took the pictures had a droopy eye. (Just sayin'. Not judgin'.) I'm sure that accounts for my odd expression in all of the pictures. I want you to know (Jan) that I looked incredibly dewy and youthful in real life. The pictures lie. As most pictures do.
3. I finally met Holly's husband Brian. He's not as scary as I thought he would be. I don't think he was very impressed with me, but that won't phase me, Brian. I'm here to stay. Get used to me. I grow on you like fungus in humid climates. I can see why Holly adores him. He's one of those mysterious, silent types. I just chirped on and on as if I had no sense at all. Imagine that!
4. I might still be in the revolving door at BJ's. Those suckers are tricky. We'ns don't have fancy contraptions like that in Idaho. I thought I'd never get out of it. Dizzy much?
5. Today is Groundhog Day. Larainy is feasting on ground hog for breakfast this morning. She is the most sensible, sane, and clever ever. She is very sophisticated and warm. I loved her immediately. Happy Groundhog Day, everyone.
6. I volunteered to cut fleece for blankets for Bosnia or something today. Why do I do that? I have good intentions but always regret it later. I need to go shower or something. Ugh! Can we luncheon again, ladies. I need an out.
7. Why do we worry so much about our children even when they're grown and on their own? I wish I could stop! Really! I. Do.
8. Roeann is just delightful and artsy. She had such a bohemian flair. I can't wait to get to know her better. I'm surprised she didn't hide behind a potted plant when pictures were taken. She hates pictures more than I. She's so versed in history and interesting facts about Arizona. She's a wee bit cynical like me. Score!!
9. This entry is a bit discombobulated. I apologize. I just can't focus when I know I have to be some where and do some thing. Tell me I'll be glad I volunteered. Tell me, please.
10. I had a dream last night that I was teaching and my principal told me he didn't like what I was teaching. And then I realized the principal was our present bishop and then... What would Freud say about that one? ugh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(105)
-
▼
February
(19)
- Too Tuesday
- I'm an Idiot
- Saturday from Hell
- Rickster and Naturism
- Wednesday, Eh!
- Fat Tuesday
- Monday Minutia
- Ajo and the U.S. Border
- A Few Feeble Musings
- Have a Happy...
- Food for Thought
- Have a Good Weekend
- Out of My Mind--
- Wednesday Wisdom
- Status Quo
- Man Down
- "Heavy Boots..."
- To Set the Record Right...
- We Got Us a Confab
-
▼
February
(19)
13 comments:
You look like such a happy group. I'm surprised you haven't all got together before now. I don't see any silly bobbly headbands though. Must be because sophisticated Lorraine wouldn't let you get them! Lovely to finally see a picture of Roe.
Ugh on finally seeing a picture of Roe. :)) We're going to do this again before the 24 of February, you know. I booked Pat. :)
Jo, next time I'm buying your lunch because I never been called sophisticated...ever. You are the epitome of the undersell in your writing. I found you to be utterly spectacular.
Well, crap. If I knew I might get a free lunch out of Laraine I would have said nicer things too. Brian loved you! Did you see that split second where he almost smiled? I rarely see that.
I have loved reading all the posts about your lunch - still jealous!! Looks like you all had a great time and the pictures are fab!!!
You are all beautiful women :-)
Jo (O'Dewey One)....I love you.
Pure and simple.
Bill Cosby said it best: "you are a parent until you die". So yes, you'll always worry about them.
I'll buy lunch for ALL of you if you send me a plane ticket! Is that good begging????????????
Gotta go and put on my makeup so's I don't skeer the childrains at the library!
So happy you enjoyed yourself! You're totally adorable and completely photogenic, so stop it!
Also. That revolving door at BJ's is my nemesis. I refuse to even attempt to go through it. And I don't have to thanks to the two fully functional normal doors on either side!
Looks like some fun times.
I think you are all gorgeous!
Yes, you will be glad you volunteered.....when it's all done.
You look incorrigible girls. Waiting to hear what was really up your sleeves as you gathered to dine? LOL You made our day out here in Blogger talking about this visit amongst yourselves. Looks like you had so-oo much fun. May there be many more get togethers. take care.
Good choice on BJ's. I am a devoted lover of that place. Glad you had a good time! You looked like you were having fun, which makes me happy.
And we may not have had too many revolving doors in Twin...but we did have Five Points on Blue Lakes. Doesn't that garner us some kind of respect? Navigating that place was a nightmare! ;-)
How fun to have a girls' lunch... That sounds so nice! I just have to remind myself there will be a season for that, but for now my little kiddos are who I'll be having lunch with. :) I'm glad you actually took photos! I'm still here, busy, but here. I am feeling like I am starting to get in a routine, so I'll be a regular blog visitor again. :)
Blogger lunches rock:) I've met Roe too, What a kook! That's why she's so fun and easy to get along with. We Ut, Az gals should find a halfway point and do lunch someday. What a hoot that would be!
HI JO!!!!
I LOVE THE PICS!!!I think they look REAL and that you all were talking and laughing and having so much fun, you did not POSE for the camera!!!!I like casual natural photos, WHAT A FUN DAY!!!!
I wish I lived closer to you so we could do lunch one day...and or once per month!!!!
Glad you volunteered, it is GREAT, I need to sign up for something......I love that.....
I need to get that book you read, it sounds fascinating and just your description makes me want to RUN not walk to buy it!!!
have a great week
hugs,
jamie
I am off to Orlando, it is my MOM'S 75th Birthday!!!
Post a Comment