Friday, June 26, 2009

Lost is found--board shorts!


Every since we moved here I've been looking for my black board shorts. I looked through every suitcase twice, everywhere I thought they'd be. That left only one place: a gray duffle bag that I stuffed sweatshirts and heavy, winter clothes into because I knew we wouldn't need those for a while. We looked high and low for the duffle for two weeks.

Finally today, I had to go into the bowels of the garage, over a weight bench, under gift wrap boxes, inside a file cabinet to find Rick's medical papers for his CDL and there inside a bookcase (where one would always look for board shorts) was the elusive duffle! Hooray!! Now I have more than one swim suit. The swim suit has lain unused since our trip to Mexico last November and so when I stuffed sweatshirts and such in the duffle it sneaked itself in there. Since it's black I just didn't see it, little devil.

I hate losing anything. So if you know me well you know I was most agitated the whole time because I didn't know where they were. Yesterday we had to find Rick's Social Security Card and I knew right where it was in this mess. I pride myself on being organized...I'm vindicated! Yes! (I'm also a little OCD. ;o)
I want you to know that these are the exact brand of board short but the legs, sadly, are not mine.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I HATE not being able to find things too! It makes me so grumpy, which is one of the many reasons I hate moving.

The Cook Clan said...

Oh Grandma Jo, you crack me up! So we had our first bout of the stomach flu last night with Mckenna. It was so sad!!!! Thankfully and after a blessing she woke up fine at 730 and has been pukeless since she got up. I guess we'll see how the nap goes.