Tuesday, February 9, 2010

As If...

I hope you don't find it freakish that I would have a picture of a semi-naked woman on my blog. I just saw an interview with Ms. Brooklyn Decker (above) on the Today show. I may never eat again. Or look in a mirror. Or even bother to comb my hair and wash my face (my daily make up ritual).

As if Brooklyn Decker represents US-- real women. This picture above is more like it. (I have a worse picture on the other computer, but I was too lazy to go find it.) Anyway--note the wrinkles, the crumpled In n Out t-shirt, the flannel jammies. Now that's a real woman! (I didn't even mention the hair, the turkey neck and the liver spots on the hands.)

Sure, Brooklyn might have better abs, longer legs, flatter stomach, (OK bigger boobs). Soooo? I have abs, legs, a stomach, and boobs, too. It's just that mine are maybe in a little different configuration, maybe.

So she's married to Andy Roddick and they jet around in private planes and have money, fame, and beauty. Hey!  I've got...I have...I got nothin', folks.

I could say that I have my lovely grandtwins, my husband, health, a roof over my head. Blah, blah, blah... We've all heard that before. Give it up for jealousy, envy, covetous longings. Wallow in self pity and admit that you wouldn't mind looking like that just a little bit.

If you don't wish for a second that you had all that, then, I don't know...guess you must be a shlumpadump like me--sitting on my couch in my sweatpants and slippers. Glad that I don't have to go to all that work to look like Brook.

I'll just drink a toast (with my third Diet Coke this morning) to the rest of us. The little people who support flesh flaunting magazines like Sports Illustrated. It's our fault that they put that stuff on the news stands so that I have to witness that mocking display while drinking Diet Coke and blogging. What should I be doing? Working out?

11 comments:

Mimi said...

HI!!!!
You said it best!!!!
I agree!!!
Besides she is probably only 25 at the most!!!!!
When I was 25 I was having my 2nd baby!!!!! ANd Happy as can be!!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Heather said...

Here's to real women and spending 15 minutes getting ready this morning. It would be nice to look like that, but I'll just have to take me instead.

Katie said...

I couldn't agree with you more. I'd rather spend a small amount of time getting ready in the morning and use the time I save doing something else. Like exercising....ok...it's probably more like blogging, checking my email, etc.

Amy said...

I admit I wouldn't mind having a body like that but I really don't want the work I would have to put into it. I'll settle with being a real woman living in the real world.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
I tried looking for that Manhattan Market and could not locate it in Gilbert, Could it have been called Liberty Market, a grocery store/deli/pizza/bakery????
Tell me where it is again????
Have a good one
jamie

Jules AF said...

I'm eating mini snickers right now. Yeah. That's all I can say.

The Cook Clan said...

Ya she is probably 95% fake. With all that money all of us could look like that. But who really wants to???????

Linda said...

I don't even get depressed that I don't look like those gorgeous models. Never did, never will. That life is not reality. Sitting in t-shirts and flannels, and reading to the grandtwins, now that's reality!

life in red shoes said...

I wouldn't trade places with Miss Brookie for all the tea in China, and neither would you! I wouldn't go back to that age for all the airbrushed, fake bake tan, and silicone...ever.
Ms. Jo, we ARE women, wrinkles, liver spots, cellulite and all, and you know what, they are the battle scars of life, REAL LIFE!
Read my post under Red Shoe Revolution, get real, but be careful, my pic might scare you!

Queenie Jeannie said...

Money doesn't buy happiness. I have known quite a few truly wealthy people. They have the same troubles we do, but have a much harder time dealing with them. Money makes it harder to be in touch with reality. I say no thanks!! I can pay my bills and enjoy my life - that's really all I need money-wise.

Amanda @ It's Blogworthy said...

Yeah. BUT. Normal people like us can eat things like cookies and cheese. She probably eats a salad and calls it a day! Here's to "normal folks" and our slippers!

Blog Archive