This morning was a "do over" morning. A do-over the cleaning , the mopping, the laundry again morning after the visit by my boys. I don't know why I bother. It wasn't really that dirty. I just cleaned all last Thursday, but I will do it over and over again and again 'til I die with a rag and Clorox spray cleaner in my cold, gnarled hand.
The pictures are of the boys' adventures this weekend. It was rather brisk fishing on Lake Pleasant and there were horrible amounts of debris washed down from somewhere: whole cactus, logs, propane tanks--awful obstacles that I was afraid would sink our small vessel.
Sorry that you see Rooster's cheese sandwich in his mouth in the picture. I am not a very proficient photographer. I take 'em about two seconds too late every time. There is a cute picture. Wait for it, wait for it. Shoot! Too late. That's how I got the mouth-full-of-food shot.
While the boys were here, we read lots of books. ( In the picture we are looking lovely in our jammies.) One book was a first reader book and the title was Dog and Cat. The idea is that kids will recognize short, sight words from the story.
So the book reads, "The dog was old..." (turn page) "The cat was fat..." It proceeds that the old dog couldn't catch the fat cat because he was too old. The fat cat could run faster even though he was fat. Of course, he destroyed the house while escaping the dog. None of the words in the story were much over three letters. The last two pages go back to , "The dog was old..." "The cat was fat..."
I know it doesn't sound Pulitzer worthy, but Rooster and I laughed and laughed. We read it again and again. We laughed and laughed. He said, "We like this book don't we, Grandma?"
"Yes, Rooster, we do!"
Some of the liking had to do with the fact that we read it together. Some of the liking on Grandma's part was because Grandma Jo is both old and fat. And some of the reason we liked it was because at age 4 Rooster is able to recognize the words dog and cat. That is so cool!
Monday, February 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
February
(22)
- Movin' On...
- Well, That Was a Bad Dental Day...
- Happy Toes, et al
- Now I Remember Why I Can't Watch the Olympics...
- Give It Up For the Ice Dancers
- Love Your Body Day
- Hodge-podge of Projects
- Purge
- Hate List
- The Springy Sprung
- Why am I so judgmental and bored?
- How Do You Do It?
- Easy Come/ Easy Go...
- Jomama on the Move
- As If...
- Dog and Cat
- To Quote Winnie the Pooh, "Oh, bother...!"
- Frantic Fun-ness!
- A Rose by Any Other Name...
- An Excuse to Bake and Eat and Eat and Eat!!
- OCD Groundhog
- A Little East of Eden
-
▼
February
(22)
5 comments:
Sounds like a cute book. Thanks for stopping by my blog....I'm so glad that the soup was a big hit! My only tip for blogging is to mess around and play with all the features. Between google and trial and error, I've gradually figured out most of what I need to know. Good luck....I'll be back.
Cute pictures. My niece is in Kindergarten and I enjoy reading her books with her when I can. They are simple but some are really cute and fun.
Reading together is the BEST!!!! My little girl is just now reading books and it is a blast! She's so proud of herself and I'm SOOOO PROUD of her.
Fun fun fun!!!!! Love the pics!
Hi Jo! Thanks for stopping by my blog...I am glad to hear I am not the only one in the universe that takes a little too much guilty pleasure in coveting other people's gorgeous houses and wondering what their life is like! So yes, I would vote that it is indeed healthy! And I see you are a Kenny Chesney fan...houses are reight below him on things I like to "stalk". I am in love with every.single.song. ;o) ~mary~
Post a Comment