Among that fun was a call from my mom's asst. living center in Idaho that she had a bad spell. They thought she might have had a stroke and maybe a blood clot in her leg. That's scary when I'm 800 miles away, one of the drawbacks of our moving to Arizona. She went to the hospital for an unltra sound. We'll know more today. Doctor's didn't think it was a stroke. She'd been on oxycodone for pain in her hips and legs and that seemed to have been causing the disorientation. She's 89 so she's fragile. I worry about my little mamma.
When we were jobless we didn't have money to go see her very often and now we have a job and could better afford the trip, Rick can't get the time off. Sigh... I probably will have to drive up alone soon.

We are going to a car and art show this morning and then boating at Lake Pleasant this afternoon. I've been ordered to pack a picnic, so I hope it's warm enough for eating on the "beach" as Rooster calls the shore.Either way it should be great. The boys are delightful and challenging as those of you with grandkids know. Lots of love and lots of chaos. The house is a total wreck and there are crumbs and crud every where.
We have two extra dogs in addition to the kids. One is a lab puppy and is absolutely crazed and the other is a sick schnauzer who has allergies and issues galore. I can clean Monday after the horde have advanced on to Las Vegas. Until then I'll try to relax and enjoy. Sometimes that's hard for a psycho-uptight-clean-freakish grandma. I need to RELAX!!!
6 comments:
Curious George was entertaining the first time, the seventh time, NOT SO MUCH.
How fun! I love visiting family! I like their new haircuts too!
Sounds like you guys are having a great time.
I've been dying to get up to Idaho myself. I hope you get to go soon. How long does it take to get to Twin from here, anyway?
Enjoy the munchkins!
Oh a LAB PUPPY. Your cell phone takes great pictures in comparison to mine and I love your header--hope that was enough randomness of the day. I am your newest follower. I hope you will come by and follow back if you like. Juliana from A Blonde Walks Into A BLog
HI!!!
I had to come back and read more!!!!!
You are so funny!!!!
I have one grand daughter, and I used to be a real neat knick, not so much anymore, I have figured out it is far more fun to be not so friekish!!!! But I get a good laugh out of thinking about it!!!!
have a great week, I hope your MOMMA is ok, mine is in St.Louis and she will be 73, but she is a little lady too, but healthy!!!!
hugs,
jamie
Post a Comment