I've been trying to post something for about 2 hours. I thought I could sneak it in between the grandtwin's demands. Ha!! Think again, Grandma... There ain't nothin' gonna happen on my blog until these cherubs are back home. What was I thinking?
How do you young moms do it?? Blogging, crafting, cooking, baking...? You make me feel old and incapacitated. I can barely breathe in between demands. There will be no clever postings today.
It's Valentine's Day and I read about another blogger making red velvet cupcakes (from scratch, mind you) with her children today. Thought about--just a futile dream, I think--making them with the boys. Not sure I have the strength to go there. We have church at 2 and I still have their clothes to get ready.( I refuse to let the boys go in wrinkled shirts no matter what their mother says.)
The pictures are of a carnival in Wickenburg. It's Gold Rush Days in good ol' Wickenburg, a town of around 3,000 I'd guess. When we went there yesterday there were 5000 strong, at least, wedged into an area suited for 3,000. It was ugly crazy! Harleys, strollers, lots of old people and families milling around. I nearly lost my mind.
After circling the entire city several times, we found a parking space. The ticket line was LONG. The prices were HIGH. (Remember we have twins to buy for, so every thing is doubled.) After finally making it through a few rides and $20 in tickets, we tried weaving our way back to the car only to spy pvc-pipe bows and arrows. Pricey pvc pipe bows and arrows. Two please.
When we got home Grandpa realized to his dismay that neither the boys nor Grandma can shoot the darn things. It's hard shooting arrows, I'm telling you. It takes a skill that 4-yr.-olds and really uncoordinated, old ladies do not have.
They are out riding the golf cart while I type as fast as I can so I might post this before they swoop in on me again. Type fast, Jo! They are gonna be back!
Thanks for your concern for my daughter. I think she is holding on to the "newby" for now. She has a hard time. She lost several babies before the twins, so we're hoping she can make it this time. I don't know how Grandma Jo will handle three. I'm not very good at multi-tasking. I was just starting to work with two. Can I survive three? But being a grandma is easier than being a mom, so if she can do, I guess I will be able to also, God willing.
Sunday, February 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
February
(22)
- Movin' On...
- Well, That Was a Bad Dental Day...
- Happy Toes, et al
- Now I Remember Why I Can't Watch the Olympics...
- Give It Up For the Ice Dancers
- Love Your Body Day
- Hodge-podge of Projects
- Purge
- Hate List
- The Springy Sprung
- Why am I so judgmental and bored?
- How Do You Do It?
- Easy Come/ Easy Go...
- Jomama on the Move
- As If...
- Dog and Cat
- To Quote Winnie the Pooh, "Oh, bother...!"
- Frantic Fun-ness!
- A Rose by Any Other Name...
- An Excuse to Bake and Eat and Eat and Eat!!
- OCD Groundhog
- A Little East of Eden
-
▼
February
(22)
4 comments:
That's exciting that Rachel is pregnant. I bet she is grateful to have you living closer to help her out. I bet those two boys love their grandma. You seem to do such fun things with them. I know that it's hard getting anything done with little kids!
I have nooooo idea how young mothers get it all done!
I have a niece and two nephews that are each a year apart. When I am watching all three of them, I have no time to get anything done. I usually end up in the recliner watching them play on the floor waiting for the next demand because I know the minute I think about doing something, they will start calling for Aunt Amy.
I don't know how young mothers do it all either. We had family visit us over the weekend...included were two of my nephews and my niece. It was so fun, but sometimes a little on the crazy side.
Post a Comment