Sunday, February 7, 2010

To Quote Winnie the Pooh, "Oh, bother...!"

Every, every time the boys leave I just ache from missing them. Why do I do that? It's not like I'll never see them again. And there is an immediate sense of peace and relief as well as the despair. I am grateful that the chaos and cacophony is replaced by peace and quiet. But there is such a hole. Big, old, silent hole! Big hole!

Maybe it's my depression kicking in each time or maybe it's just normal. Though I've found that normalacy is not usually anything I suffer from. I need to eat something and see if that makes me feel better. Then I can get ready for church and that will probably bore me into placidness. ;o) Sorry, but sometimes it does. Especially on the first Sunday of the month. I don't relish fast Sunday. Sorry again to those of you who get all inspired and rejuvenated by the testimonies. (Maybe it's because I never can fast. If you want to see pyscho just see me without any food for 24 hours.) It just doesn't do much for me usually. I'm a sinner and a heretic, I know.

Later this afternoon is the Super Bowl. And I am watching it, Sunday or no. Another heretical act. I want the Colts and it better be a good game to get me out of this slump. Maybe I need medication. I stopped taking the prozac because I just didn't think it was working any more. It seemed to just exaserbate my nutsiness.

I apologize for the maudlin musings, the mummerings, and the psychosis. Probably this good-things-missing salad will do the trick. No glazed walnuts, no scrumptious bleu or feta cheese crumbles, no grilled chicken or cranberry garnish...Diet dressing, lettuce, and cottage cheese with maybe a side of fresh pineapple. Hold yourself back. I know it sounds tempting but it's all mine. I ain't sharin' this delicacy with nobody!! Stand away from the plate, ladies,  and let me at this tasty treat.

Oh, bother!! I just hate me when I get this way.

P.S. Dang, what happened to blogger spell check? I look like a fool on here because I'm a horrible speller, am too lazy to go search in a dictionary, and should know how to spell words or not use them. Amen!

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

We all have depressed days. I'm sorry you feel like that. Also, Fast Sundays are meeeh for me too. I get headaches easily when I don't eat, and then they never leave.

Linda said...

Just stopping by via Amy, hope you don't mind.

My two kids are out of the nest and I get depressed every time they come and go, even though it's not like I'll never see them again as you say. I think it's all just part of being a mom/grandma!

So you relocated to the warmer weather of AZ? Actually, I should say the HOT weather of AZ! My daughter is a Junior at ASU so we get to AZ on a regular basis. It's beautiful from late Sept/Oct on but summers, oh my word!

Hopefully the football game today will bring you some enjoyment. We all experience days like you've described. I hope your mood lifts soon.

Take care,
Linda

Anonymous said...

I saw you commented on Linda's blog and hopped on over. It is true, we all get depressed here and there, which is why blogging is such a blessing. There is a good friend only a click away.

Ah--I know all about Prozac, if it isn't working, you should talk to your doctor about adjusting it, or trying something different like Zoloft.

This is why I love Scarlett--just think about it tomorrow or not. I do know tomorrows are usually better. Be well.

Amy said...

I know when my son leaves for his dad's house I always feel a little bit of emptiness. One would think I would be over this since I have been divorced since '98 but it is still a little hard.

Yesterday and this morning I was feeling a little depressed. Then I remembered to take my Effexor before I went to a Superbowl party. Other than the Colts blowing off the entire second half, I managed to get over the blahs and have a good time.

Oh and church on Fast Sunday bores me to tears. Not that I attend that often in the first place but I find very little inspiration listening to testimonies during sacrament meeting. Count me among the heathens.

Mimi said...

HI!!!!!Just call me JO!!!!
I love that title and it caught my eye!!!! My brother in law wanted a child named JOE or JO so badly!!!! He finally got a grandson with Joseph as a middle name!!!!!
I LIVE IN SE GILBERT, AZ, I lived on the west side of town for like 46 years!!!!! all my life really!!!!!
I have the best bunch of AZ bloggers to introduce you too!!!!! We will be meeting for a luncheon in March!!!! Yeah for you, you can come too!!!!!
I hope we can become fast friends, cause I think youa re sooo FUNNY!!!!!
I hate dieting, fasting, or jsut skipping a meal!!!! I become OSCAR the Grouch when I do, so please do not let me skip food!!!!!
Please stop by and say hi!!!!
Hugs,
jamie

Blog Archive