I took a shuttle to the airport. It was raining when I left yesterday at 5 a.m. I can't see to drive when it is dark and raining, so that was a smart move.(though my daughter told her dad that I'm an idiot to do that...How rude!) Traffic was wall-to-wall and all lanes were full at 5 in the morning. No one wants me on the road under those conditions. Made it to the right gates, through to SLC and on to Boise. Got the rental car and aaaahh! I was on my way home to Twin Falls. It's so nice to know the way somewhere without relying on a gps. It's heaven to drive in Idaho. So peaceful and wide open. I DO so miss that.
I had a great visit with my little mama. She was really clear and alert yesterday, but today she was foggy and not as aware. I know she's just biding her time til she can be with my dad again. I wish, for her sake, that she could just go to sleep and fade off to heaven. I know it's sort of bad to think that, but her life just isn't a happy one. She has no idea that we've moved. She thinks I was there a day or two ago when it's really been months. That's a blessing in one way, but so unfortunate in another. She can't walk any more, can't see well, can't hear well, and has dementia. It's not a pleasant life. It breaks my heart. I don't want to go there right now.
Today I did business with the taxes which just pissed me off royal, took Mom two new sweaters and chocolate marshmellow bunnies and then raced off to Boise. Dropped off the rental car, jetted to the flight and made my way home through Reno to Phoenix. Two travelers from New Hampshire visiting their parents in Sun City West hi-jacked my SuperShuttle home and got taken home before me so that I had to wait an hour longer to get home. I don't want to go there either. So provoking.
But it's good to be home. I've not had a good meal since I left home. Bagels, peanuts, and cheese crackers is all I've eaten since I left home. Oh, and Diet Coke. Lots of Diet Coke. Just way too much junk!! I crave veggies and fruit.
This is such a garbled post. Sorry. I'm tired and mal-nourished. I'm tired. Did I mention that? And then there were those darn New Hampshire hijackers...UGH!
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
March
(18)
- Pause for a Minute...
- Bicycles, Basketball, Books, and Banana Bread--We'...
- Walking With Dinosaurs
- Motorcycles Wrecked
- Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig...
- Newest Grandchild and Grandtwins
- I'm a Certified Defensive Driver
- Here's to Spring!
- Clean Slate
- Crazies
- I Am Lucky
- A Really, Really Bad 24 Hours...I Must Be Thankful...
- Sunshine Soon
- Beep, Beep! And It's Not the Freakin' Road Runner
- Move Those Feet!
- A Spunky Fisherwoman Died
- Diving Back Into the Blogging Waters
- Hiatus...
-
▼
March
(18)
7 comments:
It must be so hard to see your mom like that. My mom and I are incredibly close...wow, that's hard to picture.
Glad you had an overall good experience (?). I thought of you over the weekend as we drove through Surprise - I wondered, where does "Just Call Me Jo" call home around here? ;-)
It really is heartbreaking about your mom. My Great Grandfather has alzheimers and it is so hard on them and the family.
Taking a shuttle to the airport sounds like a great idea especially in rainy weather with traffic. My aunt takes a shuttle from Pocatello to Salt Lake when she comes to visit.
HI!!!
SO glad you are back home(well sort of, home will always be Boise, I bet!!)And that you had a nice visit with your MOm, I know about Dimentia, it is awful, so sad.My Grandmother had it so badly, did not know what she was doing most of the time.
What is it abou this terrible disease????They certainly can come up with something to help people with it.
I know you are looking forward to visiting with your 2 little guys!!!
Have fun!!!
hugs,
jamie
There's no place like home..there's no place home, there's no place like home.
Welcome home Dorothy:)
It's not bad to wish your mom would fade off... clearly you want her to be comfortable and happy. It's hard watching a family member not be well.
For the record, those two people from NH make the rest of us look bad. :(
Thanks so much for coming to visit us! Mckenna is still talking about "Jo".
Whaaaaaaaaaaat? Why are the lanes full at 5am? That confuses me.
Post a Comment