Wednesday, March 17, 2010

I Am Lucky

Enough of the maudlin musings of yesterday. Today being St. Patrick's Day I will list things I am lucky I have.

I AM LUCKY THAT...
    --I have a husband that is so patient with me and doesn't get mad at me for getting tickets and loves me for the psycho woman that I am.
   --every day is new and that I have forgiveness and repentence and a chance to do better.
  --we are healthy and our daughter and grandsons have good health.
  -- I live in a relatively safe country where we have democracy, laws, and even though it's not perfect, it is still much better than most places in the world today.
--our daughter never asked to go to Mexico for spring break at any time in her life.
--Rick has a job that he's happy with and we can pay our bills every month--some how, some way...
-- I have friends who accept me for the strange person I am and make me laugh and buy me a taco salald and a diet coke when I feel so miserable.
--we live in Arizona now where it's warm and I can wear shorts in March. (not typical for Idaho though it can be possible for short hours when the sun shines just right ;o)
--I have nice hair even though it's white now and I have to dye it every three weeks. It's still thick and I don't have that bald spot that some old ladies get on the top of their heads.
--my feet aren't large and ugly.
-- I can read and escape reality for short periods of time lost in a good book.
--my mind is usually quite clear and I can comprehend the beauties and some of the puzzles of life.
--I have a room where I can lay out the pieces of a quilt and leave it out without having to move it all (except  when Lola the shi tzu jumps in the middle of it.)
--I never get bored and can stay content with small pleasures without constantly having to be entertained or go places and buy things to make me happy.
--I finally have a walk-in closet and it's relatively organized.
--I can blog and get out my angst and joy and people are nice enough to humor me and comment most of the time.

7 comments:

Amy said...

It's always good to take a moment and think about our blessings in life. It is much easier to think about what we don't have instead of what we do. You are very blessed.

Mimi said...

HI!!!
Happy St. Patrick's day to you!!!!
YES--YES!!!!!It is so much better to be Grateful and happy and realize how very lUCKY you and I really are!!!
We are sooo BLESSED!!!!!
I love your list of things that you are Lucky/Blessed with!!!!!
Have a great day
hugs,
jamie

heather said...

The ability to get lost in a good book truly is a gift.

Also, based on the comment you left on my blog, I am clearly older than you think I am because I SO had white gloves, and lace anklet socks, and mary janes. Check, check, check.

I'm pretty sure I even had a hat or two. :)

The Cook Clan said...

I love reading this blog! You never fail to make me laugh with your humor! Thanks for helping me to be a more postitive person. Happy St. Patty's day!!! P.S. I took the kids to the parade today. Most of it was fun except a float that had pole dancers on it! Crazy huh? Pole dancers at a kids parade. They were very trashy and gross too!

Liz said...

I really like the specific blessings you named. The room for the quilt squares, an understanding husband, the ability to read...those were fun to read about. Thanks. :-)

Katie said...

Love your list. Despite it's rough patches, life is pretty good.

life in red shoes said...

You're awfully upbeat for being beat up :)

Blog Archive