Sunday, March 21, 2010

I'm a Certified Defensive Driver

I just completed my Defensive Driving Class for the ticket I got last week. Four and one half hours later and I'm good to go, safe to drive, and my sins are forgiven. Hope I can stay ticket free for 2 years. I can't expunge any more tickets for 2 years.

I admit I'm probably not the safest driver on Arizona freeways. They scare me, folks. I was just starting to get my courage up when I got this ticket and now I'm afraid to venture off Bell Road.

There were about 50 people in class all paying about $175+ to get their tickets forgotten. About half the people were older than me. These Sun City drivers are more dangerous than even I am. ;o) I'm just glad it's over.

Now all I have to worry about is making it to Boise from Phoenix on Southwest, renting a car in Boise, and driving to Twin Falls without screwing up. I'm not very well-traveled. I'm a little skeered. Maybe after I've done it a few times I'll get better at it. I know I'm silly, but it's true.

8 comments:

Jules AF said...

You can do it! Plan out your route and know where you're going... It'll be fine!

Omgirl said...

I just finished a defensive driving course online too. It was so super booooorrrring! But I guess worth it to not have that ticket on my insurance. And it actually has made me slow down. No, not to be safer; because I can't afford another ticket!

Omgirl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
life in red shoes said...

Don't be skeered;)Every time I get a wild hair and want to drive to So Cal my husband tells me I can't find my way out of a paper bag!
The retched truth is he's right :(

Mimi said...

Hi JO!!!!
You can do it, after a few times, you will be an old Pro, I use to be so scared to travel alone but after the first couple of times, not at all anymore!!!!Boise is not all that big is it????
Aren't you from there???
get a pic of the state capitol is near it for me, ok???
I love State Capitol buildings!!!!why, I don't know, just love them!!!!
Oh gosh thanks for the nice comments all the time, you are a sweetheart!!!! My sister always said, she was a well kept woman, she never worked outside the home and never ever paid a bill, had NO idea what the bills even were, I used to think she lived the charmed life!!! so I don't mind some what of a charmed life, I just want to be real and live a real life where I know what is going on and I can relate to people and have compassion and empathy for people.
that is a well kept woman in my book!!!!
have a great time in Boise, visiting the family
we will miss you at our Tea though!!!
hugs,
jamie

The Cook Clan said...

Wow, that is a spendy ticket! You'll do just fine getting here. Travel safe! Hope to see you in your super busy schedule.

Jessica said...

I just completed a defensive driver course too! I think it's funny that the name makes it sound like now we're now some sort of driving ninja's.

rae said...

I LOVE SOUTHWEST! They are the funnest airline. Also usually the nicest. Happy trails!

Blog Archive