There was a terrible wreck on the Carefree Hwy this afternoon. A dump truck ran right into 8 motorcyles carrying 10 drivers. Three were killed and 6 are in critical or serious condition. I just can't imagine such a tragic event. I feel sorry for the driver of the truck as well as all the people on the motorcycles. Can you imagine what despair he's in. I guess he was looking down at some papers and just ran right into them.
Three bodies are still under the truck that caught fire.
A couple of years ago Rick witnessed a motorcyclist killed in Twin Falls. Right after that he sold his bike and won't even think about riding any more. This reinforces that even more strongly. So hideously tragic. I know that many motorcylists are very safe drivers, but they are still vulnerable just because they are two wheelers operating in a four-wheeler domain. It's just frightening to me.
I don't know if this is even what I should be blogging about tonight. It's depressing and upsetting. But I just was so affected by the news story tonight that it is what I was thinking of. I'm so glad that we are safe. I'm thankful that Rick doesn't drive a big truck any more. I just live in constant fear that one of us will be involved in a wreck some day. More of my paranoia. My prayers are with all the people involved and their families. It's heartbreaking.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
March
(18)
- Pause for a Minute...
- Bicycles, Basketball, Books, and Banana Bread--We'...
- Walking With Dinosaurs
- Motorcycles Wrecked
- Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig...
- Newest Grandchild and Grandtwins
- I'm a Certified Defensive Driver
- Here's to Spring!
- Clean Slate
- Crazies
- I Am Lucky
- A Really, Really Bad 24 Hours...I Must Be Thankful...
- Sunshine Soon
- Beep, Beep! And It's Not the Freakin' Road Runner
- Move Those Feet!
- A Spunky Fisherwoman Died
- Diving Back Into the Blogging Waters
- Hiatus...
-
▼
March
(18)
8 comments:
I saw a motorcyclist dying on the side of the road once. It ended up being my friend's friend. It was sad.
We also witnessed a young man killed on a motorcycle. It was during the summer and I couldn't believe how long they left his body to lay on the hot asphalt. We came to find out that he was the families only son and a pre-med student.
He was wearing a helmet but a car cut right in front of him. It haunts me to this day.
I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
Sign me, Debbie Downer
Oh, my goodness, this is so tragic. I'm like you, I always think of the poor driver who cause the accident. Obviously, he didn't WANT to hit the motorcyclists, and now he has to live with the knowledge that he caused their deaths. How horrific.
Hope you are able to get past this, and God bless the families of all of those involved!
That is so sad. It just reinforces my feelings against riding a motorcycle. Life is full of enough dangers without me inflicting even more upon myself.
My brother rides a motorcycle and I worry about him when he is out and about. My dad has one as well but doesn't ride very often anymore. It is heartbreaking to see so many people killed and injured doing something they enjoy. I also feel for the driver of the truck. How terrible to have to go through that.
oh, how horrible!
it was probably therapeutic
for you to blog about this
to get it out.
i'm look you and feel for the
truck driver, too. what a
terrible weight to carry around.
thanks for taking up for me
about the i phones. :)
Oh my gosh, this was painful to read. Hussy/Jake loves motorcycles as well (he picked me up for our first date on one). He really really REALLY wants to buy one...after reading this, I'm really going to put my foot down. I'm going to make him read your post and the comments. Motorcyclists are killed far more often than they should be. Hussy can't get a bike. The end.
My heart just breaks for everyone involved. Such sad sad news.
Whenever we drive any distance I'm praying before we leave and then again on the way home. You just never know what lies ahead.
Post a Comment