I've had a horrendous 24 hours involving taxes ( I don't want to talk about!), a crown on the root canaled tooth (that ended up being the best part of the day), and a moving traffic violation (I don't want to talk about either!) I swore I wouldn't write a blog and complain. The things I endured were really quite minor compared to many of the disasters in the world.
And I'm trying to put everything in persepctive. I am. I am thankful we had the money to pay the damn taxes. Even though it will wipe out every last bit of savings we have.
I am thankful I was able to get the root canal and crown before the taxes wiped us out. And I'm glad all my teeth didn't rot out and I had to have dentures.
I'm thankful that my egregious driving offense did not result in an accident that hurt someone or do any body damage. I'm thankful I can take a defensive drivng class to expunge it from my record.
I don't have leukemia and a bone marrow transplant to live through like the son of a couple in our ward. We have our health (at least the physical health) to live happy and purposeful lives. I must remember that millions of people would trade me straight across any minute of any day and feel soooo relieved to have left their problems behind them. Because mine are minor. But...I still had to tell you that the last 24 hours was not my greatest. I struggle with the ability to be thankful for trials. I know I can be. I will be. I must be.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
March
(18)
- Pause for a Minute...
- Bicycles, Basketball, Books, and Banana Bread--We'...
- Walking With Dinosaurs
- Motorcycles Wrecked
- Home Again, Home Again, Jiggity Jig...
- Newest Grandchild and Grandtwins
- I'm a Certified Defensive Driver
- Here's to Spring!
- Clean Slate
- Crazies
- I Am Lucky
- A Really, Really Bad 24 Hours...I Must Be Thankful...
- Sunshine Soon
- Beep, Beep! And It's Not the Freakin' Road Runner
- Move Those Feet!
- A Spunky Fisherwoman Died
- Diving Back Into the Blogging Waters
- Hiatus...
-
▼
March
(18)
4 comments:
Taxes suck. booooo
HI!!!
I said a bad word today, it slipped right out of my mouth!!!
I know better, I hate to swear, but I got scared and broke something, so out it flew out of my mouth!!!!
ANd I prayed yesterday and cried out to God to make me --be more calm!!!!
Oh well, another Day and God still loves me!!!
I will Pray again tonight and tomorrow!!!
hugs,
jamie
Oh how I hate taxes. I always have to pay. It sucks!!!
Taxes do suck. What a bummer of a day! Hope tomorrow is better.
Post a Comment