Monday, March 15, 2010

Sunshine Soon

The sun is shining (finally) and I'm excited about working in the yard and basking in the heat. I love the heat. Bring it on! This is a tomato plant that we planted last Jan. It hasn't done very well. Planted it at the wrong season I assume. It is starting to ripen the fruit now, but they are tough and tasteless. Oops! I'll get this AZ thing down some day.
The beeping has stopped (thankfully) and I finished painting the patio. It was fleshy brown as all housing is in the dessert. I painted it an off white which isn't very spunky, but is the best I think I can get away with in the boring HOA world of Surprise Farms. I'd love to paint it burnt orange or something.

I spray painted the cheap plastic chairs and have some daisies planted. We also put in a raised bed for a small garden. We had to cover it with a tarp to keep Barley, the lab, out. She thinks it's her play ground or something. We'll be adding a fetching netting when the planting is done. I hope to get veggies planted this week with temps in the 80's. I'm so excited for the warm weather.

Our friends from home came in Sat. to do a number of things in the Phoenix area. We went to dinner last night and it was so fun. I'm going shopping with her tomorrow if I can get down to Tempe and find their motel. I will take pics of our adventures--two Idahoans in the big city. It should be interesting since I'm chauffering and I don't know squat about where I'm going. Let's hear it for a gps.

7 comments:

Jules AF said...

You planted tomatoes and they don't taste awesome? Dangit. I would want to pull them out and torture them or something.

Amy said...

I can't wait to have some steady sunshine here in Utah. I am itching to get out in the yard and make it look pretty again. Enjoy your shopping trip.

The Cook Clan said...

Fun fun!!! I wish it was that warm here! Don't have too much fun spending money.....he he

Liz said...

Who's your friend? Anyone I know from home? :-)
When you're done planting stuff at your house, you're welcome to come to mine. I love and long for plants and flowers, but I have a black thumb. Plants die by looking at me. Poor things.

Katie said...

Ooohh....I'm envious of your weather. It seems like all we've had lately is rain rain rain. Today though, was actually dry and in the high 60's....strange and wonderful.

life in red shoes said...

I say you tell the HOA to hang it in their ear and paint the whole damn thing fuschia!
And taxes, I can't even go there.

life in red shoes said...

Dear Jo, send me your email...pretty please.
My address is on the "about me" page.

Blog Archive