Saturday, June 26, 2010

Stale Saturday

I've noticed that I run out of steam to post toward the weekend. It's not because I work so hard during the week either. I've been a massive slug the past few weeks since my "illness" (flu). I just haven't gotten my groove back (as if I ever had a groove...ha!)

I finished The Help. Very compelling and a "DO read." The book ended with my wanting to know what happens next to each main character. That doesn't happen to me too often. Hope that Stockett will write another book soon. Maybe even a sequel (and I do not usually like sequels.) Any other books you'd recommend? I almost bought Evanovich's Sizzlin' Sixteen or whatever it's called but read the first page and decided nah! She's just gotten too trite and vacuous. Stephanie has worn out her welcome in my world.  I'll check it out of the library in a year or two.

Finished the minky blanket and a burp cloth for Newbie. I had a dream last night that the grandchild-to-be arrived (and was about 1 year old with a dirty face) but didn't like Grandma Jo and wouldn't come to me or have anything to do with me. I'm sure that's dreadfully Freudian, but I don't want to know what it signifies.

The neighbor lady had a garage sale this morning, so the Rickster ran out and put out some tools, etc. He's sold about $100 worth of junk so far and is happy as a clam. It takes so little for him to be happy. He's truly amazing.

Oh, and while I was sitting in my pjs watching Rick sell stuff I renewed my hatred for people who walk around with water bottles. I don't know why it bugs the shiz out of me but it does. People even bring water bottles to church. Now, you may disagree, but I feel that is just sick and wrong. How dehydrating and depleting of liquids can it be to sit in an air-conditioned building and do absolutely nothing?? We don't even kneel or genuflect in my church. Plus we get a thimble full of water 1/3 of the way through the main meeting. Then you can get up and go out in the hall to the fountain if you're parched, parishioners. I especially hate those that use the bottles with the flip top and they suck and slurp the water and then sigh. Eewww!!! Disgusting! It just makes me want to stick the whole bottle down their throat and push. Don't ask me where I got this aversion. I really hate seeing people swill water as if their very life depended on it when they are NOT involved in any kind of physical activity. If you are running a marathon, be my guest and drink water. If you're involved in a triathlon, gulp away. But if you are just getting out of an air-conditioned car to walk into the mall for heaven's sake...that's ridiculous.

Mick Jagger and Bill Clinton are watching the US play Ghana in the world cup. And, yes, those damn horns are buzzing away. I'll be so glad when that annoyance is behind us. Don't have South Africa host it again if they are going to toot on those terrible horns. How can they watch the game and make that awful noise for hours? I'd rather have them chugging water than that!

5 comments:

Jules AF said...

I can't say I agree with you on the water thing. Water is very refreshing and is something you need all the time, not just during physical activity. And if you're a camel like me, you need to fill up as much as possible because you might not have a way to drink for a while haha.

cathycan said...

I'm with you on the water issue!
Just read your Father's Day post and it was very sweet!
Enjoy your pool, I'm glad you let the dog in!

CB said...

I had never heard of "The Help" until my Mom brought it over for me to read about a week ago.
Now it is just popping up everywhere. I'm almost done with my current read so I should be starting it this week. Good thing I feel out of the loop!

Queenie Jeannie said...

LOL! I'm with you on the world cup thing. Thomas is watching that on his computer and I'm like...WHY??? Who cares?? I suppose we'll have to pretend to like "football" when we're in europe but I'm not much of a pretender, lol!!!

I don't have a problem with people drinking water but I DO have a problem when they don't throw them away and start littering!!!

Bibi @ Bibi's Culinary Journey said...

Glad you're over the flu. I'm done with it as well.

Rickster sounds like Mr.Misery. So little gets him happy and excited....men.

I just started reading Carl Higgings Clark - Reagan Reilly mysteries. I like it light, but with little excitement for the summer.I think she has over 15 books right now so I'll have something to do. I am on #5 right now.

Blog Archive