Monday, November 1, 2010
Orange Duck & November 1
Let me add my voice to the cheer for November. I've grown weary of October and am shallow and easily disenchanted. Let's try corn bread and Christmas carols. No idea how those two are related.
Rick says we're not "doing" Christmas this year. I don't know exactly what that means. I'll let you know when I find out. I know it means we're not buying gifts for any one but the grandsons. I have no words...
Remember the ducks? One is artified. I took all the junk we had saved in drawers--a bracelet of Rach's when she was three, an old key, my punched drivers license from Idaho, Rick's rejected passport photo, candy corn that escaped my consumption--It's mixed media. Honest. It's not worthy of art status, but it is personal and better than it was. Rick is thrilled. He finds it endearing. Rick has questionable taste. The next duck will be turquoise themed. Don't even ask.< Accept my disclaimer for any kind of photographic skills.>
I've gained three pounds over the past week of walking and eating Halloween treats. I just cannot eat like a normal person. I have to starve or it's just blubber butt for me. Argh! Have to race in and shower before going to get the old roots dyed. (And I do mean old...) Here's to November.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2010
(244)
-
▼
November
(18)
- Cold? I laugh in the face of this cold.
- Gunnar's Stocking
- I'm in Mourning
- We're Off
- Lightness
- Coincidence??
- That Darned Oprah
- Fragments
- When I Grow Up
- Three Questions
- What Kind of Woman Am I?
- Grand Twins Stay Busy
- Gunnar is Blessed
- Time
- Put Me In, Coach
- Joy to the World
- I Voted! You're Next!
- Orange Duck & November 1
-
▼
November
(18)
7 comments:
I can't believe it is November already. This year has blown past! Great duck by the way!
Cool idea for the duck! I too am all about Nov being here!!
Cute duck! I am happy to be past October and moving on. I am excited to the next few holidays but not for the buying of Christmas gifts. Blah.
Ah yes...I knew I had found the love of my life when the now Mr. B and I first dated - we walked around a lake...eating chocolate chip cookie dough and drinking Diet Coke..I know I had to marry this man! Walking & eating..my favorite fall activities !
The duck is adorable..even for a shallow person like yourself..heehee..and the "No Christmas-Christmas" ? I think I'm right there with you :-(
The duck looks great! What a fun way to display memories. Your Idaho license makes me miss home.
BTW, the Flavor-Wave is a convection oven the Kaspers gave us when we got married. It's flipping amazing. It cooks frozen chicken in 20 minutes and it comes out perfect, juicy and tender. I will cry when that thing dies.
My brother claims he's not "doing Christmas" this year either. Ba-humbug! I protest!
Love the duck! :)
Post a Comment