Sunday, January 30, 2011

New Post

That's as creative as I can get for a title. Does that give you a clue as to my state of mind? blech

I am home and the visit was fine. Not too cold and all the rides and flights and car rentals went smoothly. I am such a fretter. My mom was weaker and told me, "I don't have anywhere to go." Just broke my heart. I know it's not right to wish someone would pass on, but I so do. Wish she could be with my dad and her parents and just be happy again. Devastatingly sad...

Daughter's "new" car is leaking some kind of oil. It's a used car that Rick went with her to buy. I worry about her and Blakers and just everything. There seems to be no end to problems that I can't fix and have no control over. Sigh!

I don't mean this to be a downer. I was trying hard not to be a gloomer today. How am I doing? :o) Don't answer that.

January almost over! Yeah! I think February will usher in more sunshine and upliftingness. Please! Wanted to have something cheerful to post. I'll work on it for the next one.

Guess I can be glad that--I don't live in Egypt
                                       I sold my old TV stand for $25
                                       my hair is growing
                                       we are healthy and have freedoms

See I am trying...I promise I'll do better at posting next time. Don't give up on me. I will be funny and snarky soon.

                                      

9 comments:

RoeH said...

Know what you mean. My dad lives in Twin and is 101 going on 500 now. It's just ridiculous. He sleeps around the clock getting up only for bathroom and eating privleges. He's in diapers and I mean this with all the sincerity I can muster up....if I ever get that way, I want a bullet in the brain! And double exclamation points!! I don't understand why he has to stay here. It has caused a myriad of problems within the family members around him. Nobody is speaking to anybody now. And I do realize that that is not his fault. I have PRAYED earnestly that he could go. But he never does and I have no hope now that he ever will.

So frustrating. And so very very sad.

Christmas-etc... said...

Sometimes... things just kind of get to us! Don't worry, it's a universal feeling!
Hope your week takes some great turns - that make you happy!
Ann

CB said...

Jo I am glad to hear that your trip went well and you are home safely.

I think January is just one of those months that people get through as they start a new year. I have seen alot of people in the last few days say "Bring on February we are done with March!"

Liz said...

You don't always have to be cheery and sunny in your blog posts. We'll keep reading anyway. :-)
Thanks for the positive thoughts on my mommy. I'm sending some back your way for yours. Hugs!

Big Fat Gini said...

May this week bring you one really beautiful silver lining.

{Hugs}

RoeH said...

Don't publish this as one of your comments. I just read yours. Give me your email...or just put it on your profile so I can answer you. There's a tour the end of March I'm sure you would like. We'll go! :)) And one in February.

Lady Fromage said...

aw, I hate funks. Hang in there!

Nicole said...

Let's hope this last day of January brings you happyness ;) (the Will Smith movie spelling!)

Queenie Jeannie said...

The blues get the best of us sometimes!! Want to borrow my light??? Hang in there!

Hugs and prayers for your Mom...getting older just sucks.

Blog Archive