Friday, January 7, 2011

Real Shoes Hurt--Bad...

I've been wearing flip flops and comfy shoes every day but Sunday for almost a year. I've also been wearing shorts until about a month ago. So today I decided to "dress up" to go shopping. I just have been such a schlumpadump lately that I thought it might be nice.

So I donned make up, my best jeans, and a nice jacket. The jeans required tall shoes so the hem doesn't drag the ground. (I have VERY short legs that go along with my short body. Even petite pants are pretty long on me.) So I squeezed my feet into shoes with 2" heels and toddled off to buy burlap and ribbon for a wreath I'm going to make. I also bought a new frying pan and two white towels. It was quite a big day.

However, I am not used to walking any distance in real shoes. My feet hurt terribly and I had drunk a BIG Diet Coke on the way home from the stores. Therefore, I could not run as I needed to when I came in from the car. I had to go to the bathroom badly, my feet hurt terribly, and the result was--oops! I didn't quite make it...

 I don't know why I admit this, but I feel compelled. It's probably the nonsense resolution raising its ugly head. I have vowed not to wear those shoes the next time I go shopping and drink a BIG soda on the way home. It was upsetting and uncomfortable in so many ways. I hope my confession has not marred your proper sensibilites.

12 comments:

CB said...

Oh you poor thing but I can SOOO relate! Before I got my bladder fixed I would sneeze and pee my pants, at least you had the excuse of a big soda!
I also have turned into a tennis shoe kind of gal. If we go out of course I wear nicer shoes but most days you will find me in my white tennies!

Juliana said...

The things we do for beauty and when we are fun sized. I hope you can soak those toes in some nice warm water!

Omgirl said...

You need to get some of those platform tennis shoes, you know the ones that firm your buns as you walk? I'm sure those are as high as 2" heels, and probably much more shopping friendly!

Scrappy Girl said...

You cracked me up!

I am such a comfy shoes kind of girl. I don't own any "real" shoes.

ain't for city gals said...

Even in my comfy shopping clothes I can't wait to get home and get into even more comfy clothes...especially get my bra off!!...can hardly stand that anymore...

Katie said...

Well, I am heading out soon to run some errands. Note to self....wear comfy shoes!

Emily of Boston said...

I don't even know what to say about this. "I'm sorry that happened" doesn't seem to cut it... :(

Liz said...

I got some boots so I could be part of the huge skinny-jeans-tucked-into-boots trend, and I actually cried after a couple hours. They hurt so badly. Darn shoes!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hear ya!! I have so many beautiful heels, but after about 10 minutes - I'm over it!!

Hugs!

life in red shoes said...

Silly woman, comfortable shoes are a MUST for happiness, red shoes are the best.

Nicole said...

Wow you have to long of jeans and me, I have weirdo long legs and can't hardly find jeans (and definitely dress pants) long enough...

Mimi said...

HI!!
I am with you on the high heel shoes situation, church only, but sometimes I do feel like wearing a cute girly pair of shoes out, but they must be level, my feet hurt so bad too, my poor hubby who wears a size 14 shoe, his feet hurt all the time too, as far as the near potty accident, I do not care one bit, been there done that myself, not wet on my self, God help us --please do not let that happen to me or my friend, but close so very close!!!
Hugs sweetie,
jamie

Blog Archive