Monday, January 3, 2011

Re: Haircut

Got my hair dyed and cut today. Told the stylist (who is my daughter's college roommate and fixes hair in her home) that I liked the length I just wanted it colored and trimmed up a little. "Not too short!" I repeated as I do EACH time I go.

Color--talk--wash--talk--snip--snip--CRAP!!! STOP!! TOO SHORT! CRAP!!!!

Daughter called later to ask how my haircut went. "Too short," my reply.

"You don't control your hair dressers," said the young lady who drove two hours round trip twice to get her hair weaved and it's STILL the wrong color according to her. "You didn't control Geri (hair lady in Idaho) and you don't control Stacy. And you need different medication for your anxiety attacks. What you have isn't working."

"Thanks, daughter of mine. I need better control. Right!"

I told you my goal for 2011 was nonsense. This qualifies--I'm quite sure. Sigh!

7 comments:

Liz said...

I must respectfully disagree with Rachel. You do not control your hairdresser, but you certainly control what people do with it! It's your hair, for goodness' sake!
In any case, I'm sure it looks fab. Don't worry. And keep with the resolution!

life in red shoes said...

You know what the difference is between a good haircut and a bad one?
Two weeks:)
I hate it when that happens.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

love ther 2 weeks advice! It will look great in ..in short order..LOL

I love short hair and one thing I have learned is that no matter how bad..even bald..it does grow back.

And yes, you are allowed to have a hsir-meltdown any time you want
:-)

Nicole said...

I'm always a little leary about getting my hair cut too. Although I guess when you chop off 10 inches, it's definitely way to short... LOL

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

Like we always say...it's just hair...it will grow! But when you are waiting for it to grow it seems to take forever!!!

Queenie Jeannie said...

I hate it when they don't listen to you!!!! I color my own hair, it's easy!, but could really use a trim myself. I just refuse to pay what they charge over here and haven't found an Army wife who does hair yet. Hugs!

Katie said...

I haven't cut my hair since we moved to Idaho. I'm kind of scared to find a hairdresser that I trust as much as the one I had in Oregon.

Blog Archive