Monday, April 18, 2011

Cactus Flowers and Donkey Rear

Daughter sent me this picture on her way through Wikieup (yes, it's a wide place in the road between here and Las Vegas) today. She said I should post it on my blog 'cause I'm the "lead ass..." ahahaha That's me!

The house is clean, the muffins and banana bread baked. The groceries are bought and unloaded. Waiting for the hordes to descend.

These blooms appeared on my cactus out back between when I swept and when I got back with groceries this morning. Such pretty flowers. I'm sure they'll only last a short time. I wondered what those strange little buds were. Ah, Arizona...gotta love it.

6 comments:

larainydays said...

I love the mix of the sublime and the ridiculous today.

Nicole said...

the flowers are beautiful and those cacti! I love cacti. I'll bet I'm one of the only people who can kill it :(

Holly said...

I don't have any cacti. Loving your yellow bloom. Kids there yet? Need to come over yet?

CB said...

I didn't even know Cactus bloomed like that - very pretty!!
So YOU'RE the lead Ass? I always wondered who was - LOL!! (wink)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Oh my gosh!!!! I love it to death! You really have to go search it out and do a photo shoot.
Really.

A question.............why did you clean the house?
I get the muffins and bread part, but the house?

Lurve your cactussessss. I would sell my soul for some flowers and blue sky.

life in red shoes said...

OMH!!!!!! That is so funny.
And you have been 1 busy grammy, have fun with those Little Loves :)

Blog Archive