Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Look a' Me!

A post two days in a row--and one with pictures! You just can't beat that, folks! How special am I?

I am going visiting teaching. You know I'm bad at it. I didn't go last month. So now one of my sisters dropped out. I think she wanted someone who would actually visit. Oops! Oh, well...So I made sugar cookies to redeem myself. I do sugar cookies about as well as I do pictures--???

I realized half way into the project that I don't like to bake because it's messy and time consuming. Dang! Took two hours to make about two dozen sugar cookies and frost them. Argh!! Then one of the ladies I visit called and said she can't be there today. I will have to try to pick her up later. This is why I don't like to go VTing.

Rick is home "sick" today. He really is under the weather, but I don't think he's ever as sick as he thinks he is. His elbow was swollen--really swollen and black and blue. He has no idea what happened to it. And his tummy is upset. So I doctored him with an ice pack, a couple of ibuprofen and some broken sugar cookies. He is now in sleeping in the bed I already made. Argh! Another one of my pet peeves-- people getting back into a bed I've already made.

So I'm babysitting a "limp one" which is what Rach and I call sick people who are not us. We have no sympathy really unless we are the ill entity. Then it's serious, of course. I need to go cut my fingernails because I hate the clicking on the keys.

My head hurts when I eat too much sugar. I ate too much cookie dough and frosting fall out. ugh!! Maybe I'll call in sick, too. Oh, yeah, I don't work. Dang! That's so unfair. I'm sure the Rickster will be fine. He gets to watch the Tigers/Rangers game while I go visiting. Another inequality which should be rectified.

I'm about 50 pages into Night Circus. At times I like it. It reminds me of Princess Bride or The Last Unicorn more than it does the Harry Potter series. I don't like how mean the men who raise them are to Cecelia and Marco. (Is that their names? I didn't have the strength to check.) I've been baking you know. But I will continue to read. All I can say is that it better not have a sad ending. I'm not into sad right now...

8 comments:

Holly said...

Wow! That was a really long post, so proud of you. First of all, you know that you are supposed to call me and tell me to bake cookies and bring them to you because I love baking cookies and driving and you hate baking cookies and driving. I will not do the visiting thing for you though because I'm not Mormon and I'm pretty sure I would screw that whole thing up pretty bad. Sorry the Rickster is sick with elbowitis. Maybe he got bit by something on the elbow and it's making him sick. You should go check on him now, go ahead, I'll wait. I haven't picked up a book in over a month. I think I'm over the whole reading thing. Reading is so over rated when blogs have so many pretty pictures. That is all.

Emily of Boston said...

Night Circus, huh? Never heard of it... gonna go Google it right now!

mCat said...

People still bake cookies? AND FROST THEM?? Who knew? Good on ya girl! Props.

And VTing is SO overrated. I like to just check up on my gals via Facebook, but somehow the RS prez frowns on that.

Anonymous said...

My biggest problem with baking cookies is that I like to eat while I'm baking. I then get a sugar headache just like you LOL!!!!

Men are such babies are at least that is what I tell the hubby every time he is sick. I swear I could get the flu & I'd be okay but if he gets a tiny cut you would think his finger is falling off!

Happy Wednesday Friend :)

Liz said...

So you must have bought Night Circus? At last mention, I think you were still on the library waiting list? I know, I didn't like how mean they are, either. But don't worry. It gets better.

Love the cookies!

RoeH said...

You know what is worse than VTing?? Being VTing coordinator. I did that for two years getting called a nag and a few other nice adjectives and at the beginning of summer I told them it was time somebody else got those special "blessings". Geez! The only worse job than that would be RS president and thank heavens they'll never ask me to do that. We give out treats to our old ladies (83, 85, and 93) too but my partner does all the cooking and thinking up. :)

Big Fat Gini said...

Hmmm. Sick Rick looks more like Caught Off Guard Rick right there (I have to giggle here, because one of my friend's husbands is named Rick and he likes McDonald's lattes so we call him McRick, hope you enjoyed my pointless story).

Having been on this diet since forever (okay, three months) has made sugar less of a pleasure and more of a pain for me. Headaches, nausea and an overall icky tummy. And I am totally bitter about that.

kesandrach said...

Haha! Love the picture of Rick!

Blog Archive