Monday, October 17, 2011

Nothin'-- But Change Needed

You know me so well...I have nothing to post, but I'm sick of the last post (which by the way inspired the fewest comments EVER!) Totally boring. I agree.

Survived the boat outing. We bobbed. We floated. We lost a lure on an under water tree. We caught no fish.

I did, however, get to read quite a bit in Night Circus. I'm withholding judgment. Sometimes I love it. Sometimes I think it drags or is detail encumbered. I'm 2/3 of the way through. I'll probably be finishing it instead of cleaning this morning.

Or walking...I need to walk now it's cooler. I can easily talk myself out of exercise. Too easily!

The World Series starts Wednesday. I suppose I'll root for the SL Cardinals. I know few of you care. I'm really into baseball right now. Sorry!

I must arrange the final details for the trip to Idaho in 10 days. I'm excited to have Rick returning with me. His first trip back in two years. Fall in ID is lovely.

The house just shook. What the heck? Either a car ran into the outer wall, Barley has slammed herself against the house, or we had a seismic disturbance. Or I'm hallucinating again. Proabably the hallucinating...

I will scrounge around for more enlightened topics to post about, but don't hold your breath. It's pretty uneventful here.

14 comments:

Holly said...

At least you're posting and letting people know you're alive. I just don't have the energy. I don't care about baseball or fishing. I do care about what that boom thing was though.

Pat MacKenzie said...

Did you ever find out what shook the house?

Anonymous said...

Somedays are not exciting.....that's ok. But that boom sound needs to be addressed, Jo. If not for you, but for us here on blogland!

Oh, going to ID!!! I am so excited for you. It's going to be nice to be in cooler temps, color in the trees, and visiting. How wonderful for you! THEN, you'll have something to blog about!

Not a baseball fan at all....but I DO love watching the Mtn Dew Challenge. Skateboarders flying down big ramps and getting air. If only I were 20 again! and had a skateboard........and courage

larainydays said...

I liked Night Circus, but kept imagining what the movie would be like...all that black and white. Let me know what your final verdict is.

TARYTERRE said...

I considered buying Night Circus for my Kindle but changed my mind. Heard so many conflicting things about it. And you seconded them. Not sure if it's my cup of tea. Fishing sounds like fun. Anything to be out on the water, says I. I used to follow baseball, it's no longer a pastime. But I hope your team wins. A trip to Idaho is wonderful. You are so lucky to be traveling during this time of year. It's beautiful out there. What went BOOM? My mind is conjuring up all kind of things and I'm dying of curiousity.

RoeH said...

Wait! You had an earthquake and I didn't???

That sucks.

CB said...

Sorry I didn't comment on the last post - I was out of town but I am proud of you for giving back!!

So what shook the house??

The leaves have just started turning here - they are late but I don't mind, the weather is lovely!
If you are in my neck of the woods please hollar so I can give you a hug!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Are you going through Utah!!??!! Are you calling me so we can meet up??!!??! Hope so..

Baseball has always held a special place in my heart..uh..brain..cos I can see where the ball is and who'd going which way and how they win and all.

Now, go walk. You need to be in shape if we ever get together!!

life in red shoes said...

I figured you'd be talking about the big Nascar crash?

Amy said...

I am with Holly - at least you are posting something. I just haven't felt up to it nor have I been reading. So time to play catch up. What shook that house?

Vicki/Jake said...

Hmmm, I may know where in Idaho you're going :) Hope you get better/more pictures than I did...
Still trying to catch up from my trip back east. I'll go see how boring your last post was...I doubt that. OH, If you DO call Colleen, and meet up, I dang better get the memo too so's I can be there!! Really, you'll love us both...mwahahahaaa:)

Anonymous said...

Most of my blog posts are pretty boring. Sometimes I wonder why people even read. Unfortunately if I wanted to post about something more exciting I'd just have to make up lies!

Is it bad that I am going to ask you who is playing in the World Series? Yep, I really don't know.

Your trip to ID sounds so fun. I can't wait to hear details & see pics. See soon you will have an awesome trip to post about!

I'm wondering the same as everyone else. Did you figure out what shook the house?

Emily of Boston said...

I think it's so funny that you think you have nothing to talk about... and then you get 12 (now 13) comments. Lady! People love you!

I gave you a blog award... check out my latest post for details. Just trying to send a little extra love your way. :)

mCat said...

The world series is literally one of the few things in life that I am looking forward to right now. Besides the wedding being over with.

Unfortunately, I will be cheering for the Rangers - so we'll always have that right?

Blog Archive