Friday, November 4, 2011

Empty Shell of A Woman


I received this in the mail yesterday. I recognized the return address. It's mine. Who sent the letter? Me. The real question is: Who did I send it to and why?

I hope that the answer is that Monday when I sent off Rick's insurance payment and some other bills that I "accidentally" put a stamp and a address label on this empty envelope and mailed that sucker with the rest of my letters.

The only alternative is that I sent Rick's insurance payment in the envelope with another missive and didn't put it in this envelope. Sigh! If they drop him from his insurance in the next few weeks, I guess I'll have my answer.

Oh, sure. I could call them and check. Too easy. Or too difficult. Either way I'm just going to assume this was sent empty. There are two insurance bills that come separately and I send them back in one envelope. So this one is left over. I'm positive that's what happened.

I assume the post office is used to this kind of thing. They had stamps ready for the situation. So I'm not the only buffoon in the world. That's comforting. And look how I've helped the Postal Service's budget deficits. I spent 48 cents or whatever it is now to mail absolutely nothing. I'm improving the economy and the jobs situation one letter at a time. Praise me! Praise me! Or...

9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

In my haste to get things in the mail, been there, done that. Now we bank online. Good luck resolving any problems that arise as a result. Take care.

Whosyergurl said...

hey...just came over to see you from Holly's blog...yes, I am the famous leaf-sender. I have a degree in English, too.
I do dumb stuff, too...at this point in time. I lose stuff that I just had in my hand...like my keys, my phone, my wallet...my glasses. It is so fun. Who knew my ovaries controlled my brain?
xo, Cheryl

Holly said...

Awwww! I love getting mail! I'm going to send myself a letter and tell myself what an awesome person I am. You're pretty dorky.

Anonymous said...

What a riot you are! I've done something similar -- put the bill in the window envelope without the address facing outward, but I didn't find any humor in it when it was returned. You have an unique outlook and I love it!

Anonymous said...

Don't you love a good mystery?

Welcome to the 'too much in my brain to think logically' club.

I'm a charter member.

AZ Larsens said...

haha!! That is hilarious! I would do something like that too.

Vicki/Jake said...

Mystery Mail? Mwahahahaaa:)

Nicole said...

Ok not gonna lie, this made my day!

Amy said...

This looks like something I would do. I think part of my mind has wandered away.

Blog Archive