I woke up with a migraine. Never a good sign. It's sooo cooool here today. It was 40 degrees when I arose. That is brrrish for us. I know. We're wimps.
Still reading "The Immortality of Henrietta Lacks." Almost through. I've enjoy it thoroughly. You know I'm English and not so much science, but this is a marvelously enjoyable read for even us non-scientifics. It really speaks to the advancement in cell research and the ethical tangles all through time. You'll be sympathetic to and irritated at the Lacks family. But it makes us realize the way others see progress and advancement. I know this review might not spark much curiosity and interest, but trust me. I'm pretty sure you'd love it. It reads fast.
The library advised me that I have "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children" is in and waiting. I must read faster in HeLa and go on to the peculiar children.
And speaking of peculiar children, mine is bringing hers and a friend down this weekend. Let the merriment begin!!?
Tuesday, November 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(242)
-
▼
November
(21)
- To Christmas and Beyond...
- Oh, Poo!
- Sunday After Thursday
- Definitely Tricky
- Happy Thanksgiving!
- Feelin' Groovy
- Tuesday, Tuesday
- My Mantra
- Holiday Weirdness
- Peculiar
- I Can See Clearly Now...
- Well Being...
- Funky Smells Everywhere
- Home Again and...
- Just Relax
- Oh, Heck...
- Tuesday, Tuesday
- New Eyes
- Empty Shell of A Woman
- Activity
- That One is Over...
-
▼
November
(21)
11 comments:
It was strangely warm in my area this morning. It's GORGEOUS out this afternoon... I'm looking forward to heading out for my lunch break.
The new layout/pictures are really cute. I love Gunnar in the pumpkin. Cutie!
Hmmm..both reads sound interesting. I am not a fast reader..I get kinda lost in the book and take my time. That's why libraries never really interested me..I never had enough time to fully digest the book! Now, go fix some hot tea, get a blanket and curl up!
I always love to hear what you're reading. I'm going to check it out.
I look forward to checking out that book. Sounds very interesting.
Not sure if I want to read about peculiar children though....having raised some of the spawn myself.
Enjoy yours this weekend.
That is some cold weather for you. I'm sitting in front of the wood burning stove right now. Come on over and I'll make some hot chocolate for you!
Peculiar is wonderful. And an easy read. And strange.
It was 20 this am here and never got above 36 all day. I'm still cold. Wimp whine wimp....you'd think I'd be used to it after 34 yrs. Not.
Hope your head feels better. The low pressure system was hanging out in your neck-of-the-woods last night ~ headed for CO. But it missed us up here thankfully.
Hugs
40? Oh you poor thing! I hate winter and we've already had snow. Snap!
Splenda wants me to walk the dogs today, but it's so cold that I think I need to FAKE a headache to get out of it.
Hope your feeling better!
I'll have to check out that book. It sounds interesting. I love reading books that give me a new perspective.
Migraines are horrible. Hope you're on the other side of it now. I thumbed through Peculiar at the book store. Very strange photographs. READING is my passion. I enjoy hearing about what other people read. Thanks for sharing. Take care.
Wow that is pretty cold for you guys - that was our high today (ha ha).
I love the new look of you blog - You are all ready for Thanksgiving and have the cute little grands in pumpkins and such - so darling!
You always find the best books. I went to the mall yesterday (first time since you and I went) and I thought about you. Have a great day!
I didn't think it got that cold in your neck of the woods.
I woke up with a migraine this morning and spent the first half of the day growling at everything.
Post a Comment