Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Also Tuesday

1. I wish I had pictures to post for each item on my list. I don't. It's indicative...

2. Going to lunch with Holly tomorrow. It will be Feb. 1. We shall celebrate a new month and find our funny. I'm sure Holly will help me find mine. It always returns when she's around. Do you think she "borrowed" it?

3. Lola and I went walking at the Surprise Pond last night while Rickster fished. Lola met several other shih tzus. She was twice as big as the other of her breed. I didn't make a big deal of it in front of her. No girl wants to be reminded that she's a bit larger than her peers. I love you, Lola.

4. Finished the Bug Man book. It was such an enjoyable read. I tried to reserve the next one at the library but it's not available yet. Dang! I was on a entomological roll there...

5. I told you I've lost my funny! I can't find one thing humorous to include in this list. Help. Me.

6. Don't text and drive. Eight teenage drivers each day die because they drive distracted. It is so scary. My daughter is struggling right now because NV has a law that you have to have a no hands device when using the phone. I try not to use the phone while driving. I think I'll be even more vigilant after seeing the article about this on "Today."

7. I can't end on that gloomy note. The Superbowl is this weekend. I know you all are looking forward to that, right? I don't really have a dog in this fight, but we'll probably watch. Rah! Rah!

8. Oh, dear. This is the worst list I've ever created. Life goes on. I'll work on being better. That's just all we can do.

9 comments:

Big Fat Gini said...

Jo, you're funnier than you think.

We live in a town full of college students. They are probably the worst drivers known to man already. But, put a phone in their hands and they're deadly. It would be comical if it wasn't so scary.

larainydays said...

Almost every time I encounter an irritating driver, an irritating cell phone is involved. When I text while driving I forego punctuation in order to drive safely.

Can I go to lunch with you and Holly?

Anonymous said...

Text and drive.....who thinks that is a good idea? I cannot even imagine. And if by some ODD chance my phone rings while I'm in the car, I pull over. Is this too difficult for most people? This whole topic makes me LIVID. Those that choose to text or use cell phones on the road are risking MY life! How rude.

I know you & Holly will be funny all day long tomorrow. Sure wish I were there with you, so you'll have to laugh three times as hard in my honor!

Lola should be proud of herself for being a 'larger woman'. The others no doubt were jealous!

Oh, a neighbor friend just got a "schitz" and she is all of 8 pounds and named Lily. She is just adorable with her pink sweater and leash. I'm sure Lola would love to come and play with her!

Have a great day tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Lunch with you and Holly would be a blast! I'm envious.

RoeH said...

Can I go to lunch too? If Larainy can invite herself, so can I. You coming to 'rainey's show tonight?

Holly said...

Big Fat Party! I'm not sure this is such a good idea. Should we call the restaurant and warn them that the four of us will be coming? I be sooo assighted!!

TARYTERRE said...

Have fun with Holly. Wish I could eavesdrop on that conversation. On a serious note, I always pull over if I get a TEXT or call on my cellphone when I'm in my car. TOO dangerous otherwise. LOLA do not be intimidated by skinnier dogs. A little JUNK in the TRUNK is a good thing. LOL take care.

Nicole said...

I might be halfway watching the superbowl and halfway studying... I have an A&P test & a Stats test on Monday :(

Amy said...

I told my son that if I catch him texting or talking on his cell phone while driving, I will take away his drivers license and phone. I can't be there to make sure he doesn't, I just hope the threat works.

Blog Archive