Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Diffychult


I have found it very "diffychult" (difficult--get it?) to blog without any snarking or whining. It chafes the core of my being. I don't think I was designed to be joyful 24/7.

However, I will continue to think happy thoughts for a couple more days. (At least on this blog.) In my "real" life I'm gloriously grumpy and negative and I will continue to be so. It's who I am. I don't necessarily find it a bad thing.

 I am happy for many sporadic minutes every day. I am! That seems to be enough for me. You know how we each need different numbers of calories to survive, or different thermostat settings, or different music, snacks, or hobbies. Well, I am unique in my need for cheer, optimism, and glee.

I laugh a lot. I do! Sometimes I laugh about snarky, dark, pessimistic things. Hey, I'm laughing, aren't I! I laugh big time when I see people fall (on TV commercials, not so much in real life.) I laugh at our dogs when they do something ridiculous. I laugh at Rickster just about constantly because he is so Rickster-ish. I am quite the little laugher. Really!

So for a day or two more I won't post any of my sarcastic cynicism. But it's only temporary. I don't like to be depressed but I do enjoy being snarky, so if you don't like that I guess you'll move on.

A couple of my bloggy friends have dissolved their blogs and stopped writing so that they can experience life or something. Whatever... Blogging is an important part of my small life and I intend to keep going whether anyone reads it or not, but it won't be nearly as much fun without you. Just thought I'd tell you that.

9 comments:

TARYTERRE said...

I will revel in the joy you are dispensing here. I've been sick and haven't found much to smile about recently, myself.

larainydays said...

I enjoy the you I find in your blog Jo, both the cheerful and the pessimistic. I find you very refreshing.

Holly said...

I'm still blogging, slowly but surely. You weren't yelling at me were you? Because I kind of know where you live.

RoeH said...

I didn't stop writing! :)

I like whoever you happen to be in the moment.

mCat said...

I love me some snarky Jo. I get snarky. And since I started blogging a couple of years ago, there have def been too many of my favorite bloggers, stop posting. boo

CB said...

I am really sad when "friends" stop blogging. It is like you just lose them. Gaqwwww!

Hey I think you should just be who you are. That's why I like you.

Amy said...

I like snarky. I am really snarky, maybe not so much on my blog. I like you no matter what you write. Be pessimistic, happy, sarcasic, whatever.

Liz said...

Good! Keep blogging! Blogging is definitely part of "experiencing life." You want to remember the experiences, don't you?

You're doing great on the positive stuff. But feel free to tell us whatever you like. :-)

Big Fat Gini said...

Jo, one of the things I love about you is that you're honest. Too many bloggers put on a happy face and try to report that their lives are happy and wonderful and full of sunshine and puppy dog farts.

That's not the way life is for most of us. Be snarky. Be joyful. Whatever you're feeling at the moment, tell us. It's why we'er here, friend.

Blog Archive