The power cord on my laptop died. It doesn't charge my portable, little battery any more. It might be because I step on it, trip over it, and it gets twisted and ravels or unravels or something. Anyway, it's toast. I told you Rick was lunatic about getting a new one. Anyway, the new one won't be here til Tuesday. I'm in the office on the desk top. It's a lovely computer. But I don't like being in here. It stifles my juices and the keyboard makes funny, clicky sounds. But it's either this or no computer for four days--click away, little keyboard. Click away...
I'm as weak as a kitten. Well, as a weak kitten. A fat, sort of large and not cute kitten. I feel better when I lie down. When I get up my legs are all rubbery and squishy--no oomph! Is that the correct spelling? Any way, I lost it! I think I coughed it up during one of my cough attacks. I'm sure it will get better, but I'm just a little grumpy and cranky. Imagine that! Rick asks me to repeat everything because he can't understand my raspy voice. I get mad and yell at him. Then my throat starts hurting again. The Relief Society president last night acted like I was typhoid Mary. I tried to tell her I didn't think I was still contagious. Where's the sympathy for ME, people? I don't wanna hear about you worried you'll catch this. I caught it from some schmuck and you can damn sure bet there are other germs out there just waiting for you, but I don't think mine are interested. Where is the sympathy?
Daughter has spoken a couple of times, but I find her annoying too. She just tells me about what she's bought, and the fun places she's going, and how the twins aren't doing well in school. Well, crap!! I don't need to hear that! Where's the sympathy? Now I just have to worry about the boys along with coughing, hacking, being weak, and being cranky. That's freakin' exhausting, Daughter. You don't comment on my blog and you don't commiserate. Where's the love?
Oh, this has become just ridiculous. I'm going to go lie down. I feel weak, fuzzy and powerless. Dang, stupid germs! Dang, stupid cord that fizzled! Dang!
Friday, January 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(105)
-
▼
January
(22)
- Also Tuesday
- You Don't Say!
- A Little Bit ...
- New is Due
- Too Tuesday...
- Wring Me Out and Call Me Shirley--
- The Twins Are Coming!
- Walkin' Tipsy
- Diffychult
- Mothering Miscues
- Silence
- Slow to Post!
- SO MUCH better!!!!
- I Will Be Happy!
- I Wan'a Do Over!!
- Do I Hear Bells?
- Power Cord--Outage!!
- Feeling Better...
- Stupid, Stupid Sickness!
- First Tuesday of 2012
- Bronchitis or...
- All in Due Time...
-
▼
January
(22)
8 comments:
HI JO!!!!
I wish you lived near me, we could be WEAK and SICK together!!!
Isn't there a saying that MISERY LOVES COMPANY!!!!
I WOULD LOVE SOME!!!!!
I hope you feel better soon. How funny, I prefer my desktop.....my lap top annoys me!!!
Have a restful day
hugs,
jamie
I wish you were feeling better. I have sympathy. I would bring you some if I lived closer.
Get well soon and get some rest.
If only you could watch Downton Abby on your laptop whilst lying in bed propped up with pillows with tissues nearby...you would feel sooo much better.
Yeah! I just love it when people think you're bringing in all the rats and germs of the black plague and tell you so. If the RS doesn't want to get the germs, it's easy to conquer. DON'T COME OVER! :)
I commiserate. POWER CORDS for LAPTOPS are freaking expensive to replace. GERMS are everywhere. People should just chill about catching something from you. A cough, a raspy voice and squishy legs never killed anyone. Take care. FEEL BETTER SOON.
I'll bet you sound sexy with your raspy voice. Rick should enjoy it while you've got it. How many more months before you go see a doctor????? Sympathizing here.
JO.......I have GREAT sympathy for you.
Now, get to the doctor. OR, Holly and I are gonna drive you there.
My dau is the same....never leaves comments on the blog OR FB. I'm so nice, I don't get it!
Have you called the doctor yet?
Again, sympathy abounds.
I can sympathize since I just barely got my voice back and still have a cough that makes me sound like a chain smoker.
And your daughter sounds like my Mother..... "look at me in Sweden, blah blah blah..." but never a comment. Just private emails to tell me all the wonderful crap she is up to.
So yes, I feel sympathy
Post a Comment