Friday, January 13, 2012

Slow to Post!

I posted this morning and lo and behold I realized that I whined. I whined big time. So I deleted that sucker. Else I would have broken my promise to you and proven Holly right when she said I couldn't go a week without complaining my fanny off. (She knows me too well.)

OK, so I ventured out to get foodstuffs. Our larder was completely empty. I hate when that happens. (That's not whining. That's just stating a truism...) You do see the difference, don't you? I knew you would. (Hope that gets by Holly.)

I'm really excited that that scumbag Joran van der Sloot got nearly the maximum sentence of 28 years. I suppose it's not nice to wish a man ill. But he is not deserving of well wishes. He's a bad, bad, bad person. I just had to throw that in. It's newsworthy, not whining.

It's Friday the 13th, but that doesn't scare me none. I'm not superstitious about that particular day. Strange isn't it. As emotionally fragile as I am, you might think I'd be worried about a day that's supposed to be unlucky. Nope! Fooled you!

My grandson Gunnar is finally walking. He's almost 21 years old now--no! Just kidding! But he is getting kind of long in the tooth. My daughter says he walks like Gumby, but I think he's quite coordinated. And when he falls he says "Oooh!" and then claps for himself. I'd post the video, but I don't know how to do that so just use that lovely God-given imagination I know you all possess. See? Isn't he adorable?

Rickster is taking a friend from church fishing in the morning. I'm so thankful. See how I didn't have to complain. I'm so upbeat I can hardly stand it.

On that optimistic note, I'll close before I let a disparaging word slip out. I'm watching football this weekend. That is going to be the high point of those two days for me. It's MLK Day on Monday, but Rick is working so that won't really be part of my celebration. Go MLK! That's about all I can muster for that. I'm sure he'd understand. I'm babbling, aren't I. Sorry!

I'll stop now. But I just wanted you to know I've made it one day without griping and gritching. Praise me! Praise me! Happy weekend, y'all. Be kind to one another! (I'm watching Ellen. Can you tell?)

7 comments:

Liz said...

YEA! I love that you're happy! Sometimes it just takes awhile to slog through the ick to get to the joy. I went through it all week until Thursday, myself. Lame, but true.

Enjoy your weekend! :-)

Holly said...

Check you out being all perky and happy! You know that you can always call me and whine all you want to. Yes, Gunner is precious, I want to see that baby with my own eyes though. Miss ya!

RoeH said...

There should have been a world wide celebration and week off when he got 28 years. I was mad it wasn't 30. He should have been killed. He wasn't a man. He is a monster. Brat.

I'm such a loving kindly person.

Anonymous said...

BRAVO! Your 'un-whining' post touched my heart! I'm crying here, girl......

YEAH GUNNER.....my son walked at 15 months and wasn't potty trained until he was 5. So Gunner has got him beat by a mile.

Have a great weekend. Apparently the Bronco's are playing football tonight. It's all over the news here and I'm mad that they interupted Jeopardy to talk about it for 30 minutes last night. Come on, it's just some overpaid people running and catching balls! I needed the brain stimulation of Jeopardy!

THERE, I whined FOR YOU. Now you don't have to!!! See what a good friend I am?????

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Hopefully Rickster didn't bring fish home for you to clean. I'd have to whine about that.

Amy said...

You sound so upbeat. Friday the 13th doesn't worry me at all. Just another day.

Yay Gunnar! I totally used my imagination on that one. It was adorable.

Hope the rest of your weekend went well.

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wow..I had to check to see who's blog I was reading..but when I got to the part about yopu not hating the idea of a day off without the Rickster..I knew I was here..LOL..

You did good..not one total whine..of course, I did read between the lines a little..

have a great day off..and don;t worry about me..working and working and working...

Blog Archive