Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Stupid, Stupid Sickness!

Daughter doesn't let her children use the word stupid, so if they saw this they would say I was saying bad words. They'd be right! I'm thinking I'm being quite restrained.

I guess Daughter isn't speaking to me since Christmas. Who knows! I'll bet I know someone who does...just saying.

Yes, I am delirious. I'm overdosed on Mucinex DM and Diet Coke. Things are no better today. Now my throat and ears are all achy and itchy. Rickster said to go to the doctor, but I don't think it would do any good yet. I don't think they can do anything for whatever this is until it moves into something more obnoxious--like death. I haven't had it a week yet. This is just stupid!

I have a hair appointment tomorrow. You know how I feel about my hair appointments! I will take up my bed and walk. I'm not dyeing dying with white roots. (Get the pun? Oh, nevermind...)

Some telemarketer just called asking for a donation. I sneezed right into the phone, poor baby. I hope the germs didn't travel through the telephone waves or whatever connects us. I guess I need to Lysol the phone. No body wants Rick to get this. He's a bigger mess than I am when he's sick.

I'm glad that Jamie/Mimi is back from her illness. Emergency room, swollen neck, hospital stay--you win! I must admit I'm no where near that brand of ill. Welcome back to the blogosphere, dear. Maybe you can sprinkle your left over prayers over my direction so I will feel better too. I just need a little help. This is NOT serious, just stupid.

I'm just a mess and a germy one to boot. I will be up and at 'em tomorrow. If I die, my daughter will never know 'cause she's not speaking to me, you know! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

13 comments:

larainydays said...

Hey Jo, I'm getting a haircut today AND I'm hacking and blowing away just like you. You have my profound hope and sympathy.

RoeH said...

Wow you guys are pathetic with the sickness. And if you send those germs through through the cyber-space wires to me, I will never forgive you.

That Hot Toddy is still available.

And oh year.....about the 'stupid'. My DIL gives me the same grief. I think I mentioned once about when I said 'weird' and I got a full page letter on email.

(shakes head)

Big Fat Gini said...

Oh goodness. {Hugs}

Make yourself some tea, curl up under the blanket and don't let the stupid stuff get to you.

And for the record, I totally LOL'ed over the die/dyeing!

Liz said...

I'm so sorry you're still feeling awful! Maybe if you get some good old Arizona sunshine in your system you'll feel better? It's beautiful outside today.

Here's hoping tomorrow finds you back on top!

Nicole said...

I sure hope you get to feeling better. Being sick is the pits!

ain't for city gals said...

Maybe you need to move up to Congress where the air is clear and the sky is blue!..I wouldn't live down in that pollution for all the money in the world!..Every time I go down my throat is sore and my eyes are red. I'm trying to talk my mom into moving up here so I don't have to go down at all anymore! and we have hairdressers here too!

Anonymous said...

Not a nice way to start off the year. I'd try wrapping up in a warm blanket and sitting in the sun until I burned it out of me. It's worked for me before. Good luck!

Vicki/Jake said...

Hope it passes soon, whatever it is. And the daughter not talking? She must take notes from my two... Good luck:)

Amy said...

I think I agree with the Rickster. The doctor might be a good idea. I am sorry you are still ill. Mine went away but I think my summer bronchitis is coming back.

I am in desperate need of a trip to my hairdresser but I keep coming up with excuses.

Get better my friend.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sorry you're hacking and sneezing. You're right, the doc probably isn't going to do anything. He'll tell you it's a virus and needs to run it's course.

Wipe your phone down with rubbing alcohol, and your doorknobs and cell phone. And have the Rickster wash his hands after he's been around you. No, I'm not OCD...just believe in hand washing.

Your daughter wouldn't like anything that came outta my mouth today. I should never work 7 days in a row in the ER. Stupid escapes my lips far too often.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Sorry you're hacking and sneezing. You're right, the doc probably isn't going to do anything. He'll tell you it's a virus and needs to run it's course.

Wipe your phone down with rubbing alcohol, and your doorknobs and cell phone. And have the Rickster wash his hands after he's been around you. No, I'm not OCD...just believe in hand washing.

Your daughter wouldn't like anything that came outta my mouth today. I should never work 7 days in a row in the ER. Stupid escapes my lips far too often.

TARYTERRE said...

You're achy, icky and now delirious. This is NOT good. I agree with RoeH. We need to take some drastic measures. Since you won't go the DOCTOR. You need a HOT TODDY. Seriously. It's good for what ails you. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Holly said...

Buck up you Pansy!!! All right, I feel a little sorry for you. You really should go to the doctor, remember when I waited 6 weeks and finally went to the doctor and he told me that my sinus infection could have eaten my brain (or something like that). Just go!! You seeing Chelsea today? Want me to bring you some soup so I can yell at you in person?

Blog Archive