Monday, January 30, 2012

You Don't Say!


I have a hard time with titles. Could you tell?

I got "volunteered" to help in Primary Sunday. I've never worked in Primary before. (Don't tell any one! It's like unthinkable that someone as old as I am has not been called to Primary. Talk about answers to prayers...) Anyway, there was a shortage of adult bodies in our massive children's collection of little church goers.  Two of the six pre-schoolers were special needs. The "regular" needs children were popping up and down like tiny kernels of corn in a popper. I really had a good time for that endless hour; however, I do not plan to make a habit of it. Please!

I'm going visit teaching on the next to last day of the month. And that's how I roll!

I like my new M-A-C make up. I feel quite dewy and youthful. (Jan is so jealous!) Really, I probably look about the same amount of wrinkly, but I think some of the make up got in my eye and blurred my vision. (I can't find one trace of funny this morning. I don't know what happened to it. Gone...just gone.)

The book I'm reading Shoo Fly Pie by Tim Downs. It's called a Bug Man novel because he's an forensic entomologist and studies bugs to help solve mysteries. I quite enjoy the main character, the humor, and the buggy information. But them I'm a bit odd.

Off to clean the kitchen and see if I can find my funny.

13 comments:

Holly said...

We'll search high and low for your funny on Wednesday. I'll bet it didn't go far.

mCat said...

Good for you for getting the VT done. I, again, am an EPIC FAIL for the month. I kinda wish they would fire me

larainydays said...

What are you talking about...the makeup in the eye=dewy demeanor is very funny. I'm trying to get my last visit done today too. Sigh

Anonymous said...

If I hear ONE MORE TIME about how DEWY you are, I'm gonna scream. Or come down there and slap ya!


I am reading Diane Keaton's book and can SO relate to her artistic side and her quirkiness (spelling?). Sorry you didn't like it, but she's making me laugh! Now, your BUG book....ech. I can't even touch a page in a magazine/book if it has something creepy on it (snake/bug/spider).
A little birdie told me that you have a Wednesday planned with HB. Try to have a good time!

TARYTERRE said...

Don't have to search for your funny, it's right there. Will have to check out that book. Sounds interesting. Take care.

Pat MacKenzie said...

My oldest daughter (mother of 5 sons) was just released on Sunday after 5.5 years as Primary President. At least your audience there is the least critical in the world! Now she has to deal with the YW activities. I can't believe you didn't do time in Primary...that's almost unheard of for a teacher!

Big Fat Gini said...

I've got enough experience in primary education. In fact, I go to church in order to cope with it.

Love M-A-C. Too poor to afford it, so I'll just live vicariously through you!

Anonymous said...

Your funny never gets lost ... it just pops up in a new dimension!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I will be going tonight. You are way ahead of me.
Love your funny....you're my kind of lady.

The book sounds interesting. I love mysteries.

CB said...

Wow never been called to Primary? I am stunned!!! Ha Ha

My daughter started to wear that MAC make up in highschool - it is expensive! Now she buys her own thank goodness.
I still use my 5 dollar bottle of Cover Girl :-)

Liz said...

You have NEVER worked in Primary before? That IS remarkable! Glad you had fun for a hour with the littles, though.

And I agree with the others - you're plenty funny, even when you think it's lost. :-)

RoeH said...

Me too. Never been called to Primary? Did the earth move or something? Can hardly believe that.

Let us know your secret.

Amy said...

I must try this book. I have never done the primary thing. My one calling to teach was with young teeneager. I did not do well.

Blog Archive