That means I didn't eat too much of the wrong foods.
I am "bad" when I eat too much or eat calorie laden morsels.
I don't eat to live. I live to eat.
Just about every minute of the day eating or not eating is foremost in my mind.
I try not to live that way, but unfortunately I do.
No matter what else is going on in my day, food rules my thoughts and actions.
Maybe I need to pray earnestly for strength to dwell on other things more.
I know there are people who don't live like this.
Rick eats mostly to fuel his body and if he doesn't eat precisely on time he doesn't go ballistic like I do.
My daughter, for instance, eats to get energy.
Rick tells her when we're together, "You have to feed your mother every two or three hours." If not, I get weak, shaky, and cranky. It's not pretty. I'm not pleasant to be around if I'm not fed properly.
What's the status of food in your life?
Unless I've just gorged, I'm always hungry.
I eat when I'm happy, sad, depressed, nervous, tired, worried, bored, busy, alone, and with some body.
My brain knows better, but my stomach just growls away and demands attention. I measure the success or failure of each day by how I've handled food.
I'm sure this is not healthy.



12 comments:
You sound like my husband and daughters. If they're not eating, every couple of hours, they say their blood sugar is dropping, though none of them is diabetic? I, on the other hand, am fat... do NOT snack and eat only ONE meal a day. Want to tell me what's wrong with this picture?
Where do I start, how much time do you have?
It's not the best relationship with food but at least you are trying, and you believe in it. That's half the battle, the rest is the meanwhile :/
We need to talk. :)
Food, glorious food! I get shaky or headachey if I don't have something every couple of hours. I have never gotten to the end of the day and said, "Oh my gosh! I forgot to eat!!!", that's all I'm saying.
Forgetting to eat is as foreign to me as a size 6.
Yeah I'm not sure how people forget to eat. Must be why they're skinny and I'm not.
In my middle age years I seem to find it more and more difficult to take my focus off what I did eat, what I'm going to eat, and how much I weigh. I think that happens to most of us because of the changes in our body and its shape, etc. Of course, there are those few who never have a problem with such things but I'm not one of them.
So I joined Weight Watchers and I find it much easier to have "rules" about what is good for me and has less points and what is not good and has lots of points. So far, it's working and I've lost 5 lbs since I started in January and it's been rather painless. And I do enjoy being in control of what I put in my mouth.
And fitting back into my skinny jeans is a good feeling!
Ummmm, well yeah...I've been known to get cranky if I don't have food.
I would never want you to ask my husband about it because it would make him laugh hysterically.
I know this may sound strange but if the goodies are out where I can see them, I tend to leave them alone. If they are hidden away, I crave them. I will go to the convenience store for a Snickers or Peanut Butter Twix because I am absolutely craving one, but when I get home I don't take it out of my purse.
I rarely forget to eat a meal and I never forget dinner. If I do then I get too hungry at 11 pm and want to stuff bad things into my pie hole.
I eat one meal a day - it starts when I get up in the morning and ends when I go to bed. I love food. I try to control myself and sometimes I succeed, other times I just give in to it.
So if you eat so much, why are you so small?
I view treats way too much as rewards. Otherwise, I really do like to eat healthy, non-processed stuff...but I also like Cafe Rio burritos!
Post a Comment