Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm an Idiot

(I've used that title before. Guess I should keep in on file. Most likely I will need it again and again.)

 STUPID ALERT*** I went to the fridge a few minutes ago to get one of my perpetual snacks.

I looked in and saw only one container of eggs. What?? I bought a new 18 pack of eggs Friday at Sam's. Wait! I bought a super package of ground beef too. Where is that?

Then I realized: In Arizona we have cool packs we carry in our trunks. When you go to the store almost any time of year, it's so hot here that you put your perishable groceries in these insulated containers so you can take them home and they won't spoil or melt in the heat! Normally, one should not leave spoilable food in there for longer than it takes to drive home. So here we have my stupid moment--

I left $13 worth of hamburger and 18 eggs in my trunk for three days. Oh, my goodness!

As soon as I opened the door to the garage, I knew it was true and it was spoiled. Stink?? Oh, yes!!
We left the car out in the sun Saturday and Sunday for several hours. Temps were delightful here--in the 80s. Good for outings! Bad for meat and dairy!

The meat was green and I didn't even look at the eggs. Now I must fumigate the car. Rebuy the groceries and admit to Rickster that he has a dunce for a wife. Crap!!

I hate having to do any of that. I hate when I let things spoil. I hate wasting money. I hate that rotted smell in my car. Eeewww!
I feel a little nauseous. I'm a dolt!

11 comments:

Holly said...

Yup, read your post today, read my post today, we are idiots and this is why we are true friends. If you need something to eat since you have no hanburger you can get in my freezer and chew on my shoes.

Amy said...

We all do stupid stuff. Sit back and enjoy the race. Forget about the rank smell in your car for a little while.

Liz said...

It's true, we all do it. Those cool packs are great ideas...but you do have to check 'em often! Thanks for the giggle. :-)

CB said...

Oh that really would smell!! Yuck!

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I'm sorry but I'm laughing!!!!!!!!!!
That is horrible of me.

I have my crock pot sitting on my back porch with some roast for French Dip because I was too lazy to put it in the fridge.

We live in different worlds, you and I.

I can't even fathom the stench. I shall pray for your car.

Heather said...

Oh no! The good news is that you probably won't forget to do that again. That's the good thing about making mistakes and feeling like an idiot- it teaches us a lesson. We live and we learn. :)

Big Fat Gini said...

Oh no!

I agree with everyone else. We're all guilty in some form or another. I looked at my calendar today and was all like, "February 31st already?!?"

It took me about fifteen minutes to remember that my calendar is still on January.

Nicole said...

Don't feel bad, it happens to the best of us!

Anonymous said...

Don't feel too bad......we've all done some 'interesting' things as well. I drove off with the eggs sitting on top of the car once. Instant scrambled!

Go to Holly's and have a shoe sammy...it'll make you feel normal.

I still love you.

TARYTERRE said...

You are in good company do not fret. I have done similar things.

life in red shoes said...

OH OUCH!

Blog Archive