Sunday, February 5, 2012

Man Down

I was struck by a vicious bug yesterday. I get angry when I'm sick because I can't do anything and it's a big wasted day--and because I fear I might die and hurt all over. I won't describe the symptoms but I have now lost that 5 lbs. from Christmas (for a minute.) But my head just throbs and I despise headaches, you know.

Therefore, I did not visit computer land yesterday at all. I trust you all got along well without me, though I know that I was missed. I do! I realize the world goes on without me, but not as perky.

We promised the missionaries a super bowl fare today. I have all this food to prepare and no strength to do it. Wish me well. I kind of hate thinking about food and I feel all germy. Sounds appetizing, doesn't it. Sorry that I'm obsessed with my own frailties.

Romney won in Nevada. I did see that. The Suns finally won a basketball game after about 8 losses in a row. I hear these things second hand. I didn't witness them personally. I was out for the count by then.

I watched Billy the Exterminator yesterday through the blur of nausea. Have you seen him? He's pretty cartoonish but entertaining if your deathly ill and have no strength to think. I turned off the one where he exterminated bed bugs. That was way too gross for me. Mostly he rounds up gators and snakes. I'm sure you'll be turning over to A&E to watch him immediately. wink!

OK, I'm going to drag myself up and go prepare food. I can do this. I can!

5 comments:

Holly said...

Well just crap! I can't believe you're sick again. Want me to come over and cook for you? I will, really. Or I can run to the store for you. Just call me if you need anything at all. Also, I really like Billy, he takes a few episodes to get used to but then you realize he is quite likeable. But then again, he reminds me a lot of my ex-brother in law who was a jackass, so...

TARYTERRE said...

Never saw Billy. He sounds kind of creepy to me. SORRY to hear you are sick. That's a bummer. I know when you feel that way food is the last thing you want to deal with. Hope you don't infect the crowd. Take care.

RoeH said...

Okay. Get some honey. Some JD. Some Lemon juice. Mix all together and drink in one swift downer. You'll either get better eventually or enjoy the sleep. Either way it's a win.

Seriously, I do feel sorry for you. Unlike Holly who will come over and cook, I won't do that. But I'll bring balloons and M&M's.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

I'm sorry you are sick again! Darn!

So far I haven't gotten a single bug I've been exposed to in the ER.....knocking on wood.

I hope you get those missionaries fed OK. Bless you.

Vicki/Jake said...

A bug again, what is it you keep doing to attract cooties?? Let someone else do it all and go lay down!

Blog Archive