Thursday, February 23, 2012

Rickster and Naturism


For the past week or so, Rickster's bosses have been telling him he had to deliver a golf cart to a nudist colony here in the Valley of the Sun. Of course they told him he'd have to take his clothes off to make the delivery.

Rick is funny but he doesn't understand joking or practical jokes. He kept coming home telling me that everyone was kidding him about this haul.

So today he went to the Shangri La Ranch. They are indeed a clothing optional living center. They call themselves naturists. There is even a website: www.shangrilaranch.com

You'll be glad to hear that the pool is heated year round. Swim suits are not allowed in the pool. Rick said there were probably 12-15 people around the pool and they didn't even have towels. Evidently if you're nude you don't need to dry off. Just drip, I guess.

The restaurant is called Bare Buns. I'm just not sure how much of an appetite I'd have in that situation, but to each his/her own, as the saying goes.

It's mostly a motorhome village, but there are some rooms to rent like a motel. Rick said there were lovely big $200,000-dollar motorhomes and Mercedes, BMW, Jaguars, and other luxury cars. Evidently naturism knows no economic limits.

Remember that I'm a naive, Idaho farm girl. I'm glad my husband was the one to go there instead of me. I witnessed a topless beach in Mexico several years ago and I'm still kind of scarred by the experience. ;o) And I don't think I'd want a trade in car, golf cart, or motorhome from these lovely people. Or at least I'd want new upholstery. Please!

Oh, and Rick was lucky enough to be able to stay clothed. Whew!

8 comments:

kesandrach said...

I'm still laughing from when he called me!! My favorite part was how he said the one guy was like a big old' bear:)

Liz said...

Yikes! It does get hot here in Arizona, but there's no need to be completely in the buff around a bunch of strangers! ;-)

RoeH said...

Well well well. I have always heard that there was a nudie place up somewhere around New River but I never went there to check it out. I'd forgotten about it. Maybe for the next luncheon we can go???

Mimi said...

BEEN THERE!!!!!
Well......to deliver FLOWERS!!!!I can tell you some funny stories of Shangri LA and other not so ......well let's just say GUYS order flowers for strippers too.....I have seen it all......ALL.....nude people in Europe too....it is kind of sick.....I do not like seeing NUDE....makes me nervous,like where to look...I had a guy one time answer his door NUDE!!!MY MOM owned a flower shop and I got stuck delivering the flowers!!!!!Oh man, the stories!!!!How funny!!!Shangri La used to be in the middle of NO where, NOW I bet it is IN TOWN!!!!
hugs,
jamie

Holly said...

I have a girlfriend that is a nudist. It's not for me and I don't get it. Maybe if I looked lovely naked I would be willing to give it a shot. I do not look lovely naked though. You should know that about me since we are friends and all.

TARYTERRE said...

What a tough job you hubby had on that job. Did he have to try hard not to stare. My eyes would probably bug out of my head. Gee whiz. Not sure I could do it myself. I know someone who would be considered a naturist. I'll have to tell them there is a whole community of like minded people way out west. LOL

larainydays said...

This was hilarious Jo. I can only imagine the leathery ladies and well weathered men. And I'm glad I can only imagine it.

Anonymous said...

Could be dangerous in Arizona -- that all-over sunburn thing would be mighty uncomfortable!

Blog Archive