I know it's a cop out! I have nothing exciting to post but didn't want to keep my bug entry on there. That too passed.
I made four Pioneer Woman recipes for our Super Bowl get together with the missionaries. I wasn't thrilled with any of them, but it might have been my queasiness. I made pico de gallo, guacamole, chocolate sheet cake, and open dish apple pie.
The guacamole was fine. I think I put too many onions and didn't chop the cilantro fine enough in the pico. I still have heart burn, but it might be me. I thought all young men liked chocolate cake, but they didn't eat any. They did eat the pie, but not ravenously. Who knows! My fridge smells of onions and I'm about ready to pour the rest of the pico down the disposal. Oh, well. The football game was excellent.
Lola and I are going on a walk today. It's been a while. I cleaned the house well enough yesterday, so we're going to perambulate today. I need to blow off the stink, as my grandma used to say.
Nothing exciting planned for this week--I hope. I don't know why I keep catching illnesses. I'm really not weak or germ infested. I don't like it one bit. Maybe our stink-blowing-off walk will help. Y'all talk among yourselves while I recover. It really does feel good to feel better.
Monday, February 6, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2012
(105)
-
▼
February
(19)
- Too Tuesday
- I'm an Idiot
- Saturday from Hell
- Rickster and Naturism
- Wednesday, Eh!
- Fat Tuesday
- Monday Minutia
- Ajo and the U.S. Border
- A Few Feeble Musings
- Have a Happy...
- Food for Thought
- Have a Good Weekend
- Out of My Mind--
- Wednesday Wisdom
- Status Quo
- Man Down
- "Heavy Boots..."
- To Set the Record Right...
- We Got Us a Confab
-
▼
February
(19)
14 comments:
They didn't eat the chocolate cake? Are you sure they're not terrorists?
I HATE chocolate cake. I'm just saying. LOL But I'm sure it was delicious. Men are all over the place when it comes to food. Pay them no mind. I LOVE your grandma's saying, "I'm going to BLOW the STINK off." Can I use it, would you mind? pretty please. made my day so far, seriously. take care.
My boyfriend doesn't eat cake.
I told him I can't trust him because he won't eat cake.
I made that flat appple pie thingy-ma-doodle and there must have been a hole in the crust because all the gooey-ness dripped out and the apples were all dry and my oven smelled terrible. Glad you're feeling better!!
I love her Chocolate cake. in fact I made it in the shapes of footballs and used my icing recipe and drew on all the lines :). But I have a bunch left over too :(.
And I didn't watch much of the superbowl, I was studying, but my mom said it was boring. I'm not even sure who won.
I went down to the family history library this morning and one somebody's teenage kid was sitting at the next computer sneezing and blowing snot all over the place. I finally had to get up and change computers. So now if I get a cold, I'm gonna find that kid and sue his pants off.
So there! :)
It was sure nice of you to have the missionaries over for the super bowl. I watched with my family. It was a pretty good game. Glad the giants won, though I really had not preference.
I hate when I make something and it doesn't turn out as well as I like. And when my refrigerator smells like onions.
We love that cake!! I have her version and my own, which has been a family fave for years.
I hope the Stink blows off you - that kinda made me laugh as I have no clue what it means.
Chocolate sheet cake sounds so good right now. You are so ambitious!
Even when you think you have nothing to say...I still like reading your blog. :-)
I'm laughing at the "blow the stink off ya".....my grandma used to shoo us out of the house saying, "go air the stink off ya"
You know PW's photos of food might be better than the real thing?
No chocolate cake? That's un-American! Hang onto it, I'll be right over with a jug of milk :)
Sorry you've been under the weather again, do you pick things up from the grandies? You know, little ones have very potent germs!
Blow some stink off, I love it :)
oh my..you had me at chocolate! Send it on over ..we'll give you a second opinoin!
I know what you mean about strong ontion! We even double-bag them and still it stinks..and I LOVE onions..go figure..
have a good week and get rid of all your sickenss..or as my son would have said (like when he was about 5) Well up!!
My grandmother and mother used to used the 'blow the stink off' phrase too. I figured it must be the measure they used when figuring out where to put the outhouse. You know, far enough away to 'blow the stink off' on your walk back to the house. Made sense to me. So glad I never had to use one of those little one-seaters.
My grandmother and mother used to used the 'blow the stink off' phrase too. I figured it must be the measure they used when figuring out where to put the outhouse. You know, far enough away to 'blow the stink off' on your walk back to the house. Made sense to me. So glad I never had to use one of those little one-seaters.
Post a Comment