
Today is officially the last day of summer--oooohh! The end of new growth and those lovely hot nights when the pavement was still warm in the mornings and there was no dew. Now nights are crisp and biting and the grass is wet every morning. The leaves are starting to fall on my cleanly mowed lawn and I have to wear socks and sweatshirts until noon when it becomes sweltering hot until sunset when the warm clothes have to be donned once more. I will be putting an extra blanket on the bed the next time I change the sheets. I'm not one of those who likes cold at night.
So break out the pumpkins, chrysanthemums, and hot apple cider. Fall reminds me of when Rach and I went back east to Amish country and saw all the vivid foliage and the festive autumn decoration. I welcome autumn too, but it brings winter...not my favorite season at all. At least we have "corn money" in the fall (though it's not real easy this year) and it's comforting to have that nest egg going into winter. Squirrel some away for the hard times to come...
1 comment:
I agree with you! I like autumn but not so much cold winter days.
Post a Comment