Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

OK, so my enthusiasm for the GOP got the best of me. I am settled down now. ;o) I get a little over-charged sometimes. I'm not really that political either.

B-r-r-r! I am so cold. Can this be summer still??? Noooo!

I'm watching hurricane Gustav in Louisianna. Looks as if it might not be so bad as Katrina. Pray for the people there. I can't imagine being hit twice in three years. UGH!! I'll take cold any day to hurricanes.

Rick is home for a "minute." He has to go out later this afternoon. Go work, Rick! I need $$$. ;o)

My life is not exciting enough to even have anything to post. I did make a zucchini casserole yesterday, but nothing yummy like rolls to go with...I gain too much weight when good things are around. I'm going to index some familysearch files. I've done thousands now...it's so interesting.

Yesterday was Erma's 90th birthday. Erma is his family's housekeeper after his mom died. She was really like a mom to the boys. She's a great person! Happy Birthday, Erma! Her step-daughter had a big feast in Hazelton at the Pizza Cache (a restaurant Erma's step-daughter Liz owns). It wasn't pizza--it was loads of delicious food that Liz makes every year. Rick couldn't go because he had to sleep, but I went and it was great!

1 comment:

The Cook Clan said...

Sounds like a fun party! Hey, I don't think your previous comments showed up. I'm not sure why. Yea, it is kinda scary what is hitting in Louisana since my brother and family are in Baton Rouge. They are getting hit pretty hard and may be out of power for a week or two but nothing like New Orleans. Also, Baton Rouge is one of the places many people have flocked to so they will have people everywhere when it is over. Way too scary for my liking!