
Every week I dread mowing the lawn, but when I'm done I realize it's a most satisfying experience. First, I'm outdoors so I suppose I'm getting some benefits from "fresh" air and sunshine. I get a chance to really look at the yard and see things up close instead of just a sweeping glance as I do most days. I see the toadstools sprouting which tells me it's time to turn the water down a bit and I see dry spots, dog poop, and dead spots. All which need taken care of. Then there is the quality time I get to spend with poor, neglected Barley. She loves it that I am finally out in her domain, picking up poop, struggling to pull the lawn mower in and out of her gates, and yelling at her, "Stay back, you stupid dog!" She loves it! She just enjoys the attention, no matter that it's not all affectionate. And when the lawn is finally mown and I've picked up all of the bags and blown away the clippings that drop when I dump the bag, I see the trail of the mower in clean lines, regimented and tidy. I relish the orderliness of a new-mown lawn.
So if you ever had any doubt that I'm a little strange (which no one who knows me ever has), you will realize it now in full force. I feel the same way about raking leaves, vacuuming the carpet, and folding clothes. When things are uniform and exact, in rigid rows and patterns, I am happy. Sigh!!
3 comments:
You are such a good writer. Have you given your blog address to Granny yet? He would enjoy reading your entries too. idahot1@verizon.net. I like vacuuming.....we do have that in common.
You are amazing how you always have your yard and house perfect! I'm jealous of the nice looking lawn. Maybe some day???? :)
Gorgeous photo! I love the arbor, picket fence and look of the house (though I am guessing it is the neighbor's)
Post a Comment